Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Movistar

Newbie on push

Hi all,

I've done little apps for BB and now I want to start a new one using the push method. I read theguide and

I've download the Push SDK as starting point . (1Step is register with RIM)

Well, I have some questions, I'm supose to register with RIM to use the push service, but have it to be done even I want only try the samples? (in the form they ask about  app name and description but its their sample-app I'm a bit confused or I'm on the wrong reg.form) .

Contributor

Re: Newbie on push

[bump] no one?

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Yes you need to register even if you just want to try it out. You have to use the Eval/sandbox environment to test the samples and that requires credentials supplied to you after you register.

Contributor

Thanks massimo, 

Whit  the Eval/sandbox you mean the BPSS 1.0.0.5 right?

And can you give me the link to register to test the samples? I found 2 different forms and I don't know which one to use.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not Specified

No, BPSS 1.0.0.5 is the SDK. Btw, there is a new 1.0.1 version that you can download. The SDK will help you get started.

By Eval/sandbox environment that is the RIM server that you push through. They will give you the URL once you register.

If I remember correctly there is only one sign up page. You autoamtically get started off in the Eval environment but it's been a while so I could be wrong.