Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Not receiving push registration confirmation

Hi.  Just wante to ask.  With these lines of code:
ApplicationDescriptor daemonDescr = ApplicationDescriptor.currentApplicationDescriptor();
        ApplicationDescriptor uiCallbackDescr = new ApplicationDescriptor(daemonDescr, GlobalValues.APPLICATION_NAME, new String[] {"push"});
        final PushApplicationDescriptor pad = new PushApplicationDescriptor( GlobalValues.PUSH_APP_ID, GlobalValues.PUSH_PORT, GlobalValues.PUSH_SERVER_URL, PushApplicationDescriptor.SERVER_TYPE_BPAS, uiCallbackDescr );
final PushApplicationStatus pushApplicationStatus = PushApplicationRegistry.getStatus( pad );
byte pasStatus = pushApplicationStatus.getStatus();
if( pasStatus != PushApplicationStatus.STATUS_ACTIVE &&  pasStatus != PushApplicationStatus.STATUS_PENDING ) {
   System.out.println( "Scheduled registration with BPAS");
   PushApplicationRegistry.registerApplication( pad );
System.out.println( "Already registered" );
System.out.println("application registered to receive push notification");
I sometimes do not receive the acknowledgement that I can begin pushing to this device.  Has anyone experienced this same issue?

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Not receiving push registration confirmation

after waiting for a while, here's the error:

net.rim.device.cldc.io.ippp.SocketBaseIOException: Connection Timed Out

Is this normal? This is not an error on our side is it?

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone italy

[ Edited ]

It doesn't happen to me, it always works (as long as there is net coverage....) you can confirm that sometimes works? because otherwise you could check that your base server address is correct... however for what i've experienced it takes about 10 secs to get a status change 

My Device: Not Specified

I was facing similar problem. But in my case it was 504- Gateway Timout.

After trying multiple time registering, finally it was succeed. But I think my users will have the same disturbing experiences.