01-09-2014 05:22 AM
I've received my eval credentials from support.
I tested this with the "PushDemo_BlackBerryOS_5_0_And_Up.cod" and the high and low level sample. But I do not receive push notifications on the client.
On the client-side the app registers successfully with both BB and the content provider.
On the server-side I see the subscriber has been registered.
When sending a push message, I receive the 1001 code, which is an indicator of success (AFAIK)
Our Bold 9900 runs OS 7.1, BIS is active, the firewall is off. I've also tried a factory reset. And push notifications work for What's app.
Debugging the PushDemo example and UrbanAirship example reveals that the OnMessage event never fires although the device is registerd.
Is this an account issue? Or what am I missing?
01-09-2014 08:26 AM
Hi there and welcome to the forums!
What you're describing does not sound like an account issue.
I would recommend deleting the app from the device and installing the sample created for OS < 5.0, the earlier sample gives you much more control and visibility into the entire process. As well the 5.0+ APIs have a few issues which makes troubleshooting very difficult in some sscenarios.
01-09-2014 10:05 AM
01-10-2014 05:07 AM
Sorry, long day, pls ignore the src request. I didnt see a PushLib42.java, and assumed I was missing something.
I do however see that there are preprocessor directives for v4.2 as well.
I've tested with both the v5.0 and v4.3 precompiled COD files. And I didnt receive push messages.
I've also compiled my own version v5.0 by using PushLib50, and no push messages. OnMessage was never fired.
I just compiled the app again (which defaults to using PushLib43), and for whatever reason I am now able to receive "push notifications". I am thoroughly confused!
Thanks for your help!
01-10-2014 08:19 AM
Great to hear it's working now for you! The 5.0+ APIs hide much of the logic, I'd recommend sticking with 4.3 which should make life much easier.