Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: Push API sample code needed

Hi there,

I managed to craft a C# web app that invokes the push requests successfully, but now I need to build a client application that should first register the device with BPAS and listen to the push requests. I need a sample in its simplest form (just registers the device and listens to push messages)

Another question is; after the client registers itself with BPAS, do we need to register it with the Content Provider application? I guess there's no need to do so if we are using the "push_all" parameter as address?

Thanks in advance,

Burak

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi , I am confused that how will i be able to fetch the address list , which is used to send push in the java code through " pushMessage(Vector pins, String msg) " . If a user registers for  push from the client side . how will i get to know their addresses.

Kindly Hel

Thank

Sachi

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry has had their push solution before Apple, Android, Nokia, etc... Push has been BlackBerry's strong point from the beginning. Its quite powerful if you learn about it - does way more than what the other offerings have.

If you are a Java server side developer, you should be using the Push Service SDK, high level or low level APIs to help you send your push. Makes your life so much easier. C#, php, etc... you don't have an SDK offered by BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: 9780 curve
My Carrier: Etisalat

Hi Bullety,

I am currently working on push notification (even my server is using a C# code) and I am not able to get data in Onmessage method.
Can you please help me in this.Will you be able to share the working code.

Thanks in advance.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9800
My Carrier: beginner developer

Hi,

I want to test any example push notification can any person help me(server and client ). I installed SDK push but I didn't understand how to use it. Is that SDK push is used just to test server part. Can any one explain to me what are the steps to get the notification. I get  registration with the BlackBerry Push Service. I tried also to run the sample-push-enabled-app. But I obtain an error when I register login and paswword.

thanks

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How does this work for the PRODUCTION service? Doesn't Seem to work in my case...I thought the EVALUATION and PRODUCTION service is the same...whats the difference? besides the URL?
New Developer
My Device: Touch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just implemented the push sdk in my app. Client gets successfully registered and i used the curl php code for server side.When i push message from server side i got this resposne:-

Our PUSH-ID: 1346400461.1816

PUSH-ID: 1346400461.1816 REPLY-TIME: 2012-08-31T08:07:41Z

Response CODE: 1001

Response DESC: The request has been accepted for processing.

In console i saw that one icoming message from the same ID(1346400461.1816). In device , on top right corner we see the busy icon which reveals that message arrived on the device but the issue is we can't see the push message . I have disabled the firewal from the device. The device has active BIS plan. Guys need your help .Waiting.......................

Amar
New Developer
My Device: Touch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just implemented the push sdk in my app. Client gets successfully registered and i used the curl php code for server side.When i push message from server side i got this resposne:-

Our PUSH-ID: 1346400461.1816

PUSH-ID: 1346400461.1816 REPLY-TIME: 2012-08-31T08:07:41Z

Response CODE: 1001

Response DESC: The request has been accepted for processing.

In console i saw that one icoming message from the same ID(1346400461.1816). In device , on top right corner we see the busy icon which reveals that message arrived on the device but the issue is we can't see the push message . I have disabled the firewal from the device. The device has active BIS plan. .Waiting.......................

Amar
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Yes, the production and evaluation environments should behave the same, except that in eval you are much more limited in the total number of pushes you can send.  What differences are you seeing?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

hobby_johals,

What push-enabled application on your device are you using to receive pushes?

Thanks,

Matt