Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Push Messages Not Delivered Anymore.. However setup seems okay.. It worked before.

Any way for sniffing traffic at DebugPortal?

Currently I can only tell you what I see at the UI:

Subscriber Id: 9810

Application Id: (correct value)

Status in SDK: ACTIVE

Status in PPG: ACTIVE

I currently do not have a custom solution for that type of query in order to see traffic.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push Messages Not Delivered Anymore.. However setup seems okay.. It worked before.

No, you will need to send a PAP request to the server. This is what was explained earlier, I thought you did this as you stated : "Somehow it gets de-registered at the PPG." which can only be known if you query the PPG.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

isn't the "Query status in PPG" option in DebugPortal supposed to do that?

What does that option really do? what does it really debug?  Smiley Happy

Also tried "Sync status with PPG". Returns ACTIVE.

Can you please provide a PAP request example in order to continue testing?

Retired

Included in the message I posted right before your first post:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/developers/deliverables/25167/Using_subscriptionquery_1460397_11.jsp

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

It's still unclear what's the DebugPortal for, then. And why does example software not work as it's supposed to. This means less productive. development hours.

Will try what you are suggesting and reply.

Thanks.

Retired

It should work as expected. I'd rather not speculate on what the issue may be until we have enough information to make an educated decision. The faster you respond with the requested info the faster we should hopefully be able to get you an answer on why the failures are occurring.

Speculation at this point will not help with getting you an answer.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

I agree on speculation drives nowhere. In that way I also think RIM always speculates it's the developer fault and that's the reason we are still discussing on a two years old unresolved ticket.

I hope you don't find I'm blaming on you personally. I want to get this fixed and I'm eager to spend some more hours.

Can you please provide the PPG resource part of the URL the request should be sent to? it's not in the code sample.

Retired

The push goes to the same URL that you use for your pushes.

This same code is working for many, many applications in market. If it did not work for anyone when there would be many more complaints and the code would have been re-written. I'm not saying there's no issue with the code, just stating that there is some due diligence that needs to be done at the developer's end to narrow down the issue before pointing fingers in any direction.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

It's encouraging to know there are so many 3rd party push-enabled apps working perfect at the App World, a motivation to find a solution for this.

Here are my results (removed app ID and PINs for security)

Request:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE pap PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD PAP 2.1//EN"
"http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/DTD/pap_2.1.dtd">
<bpds version="1.0">
<subscriptionquery-message pushservice-id="..............">
<status status-value="active"/>
</subscriptionquery-message>
</bpds>

Result:

<bpds version="1.0"><subscriptionquery-response pushservice-id=".............."><subscriptionquery-result event-time="2012-07-19T20:52:28Z" code="21000" desc="The request succeeded"/><subscriptionquery-detail status="active" event-time="2012-07-19T19:44:21Z"><address address-value="....."/></subscriptionquery-detail><subscriptionquery-detail status="active" event-time="2012-07-19T19:46:46Z"><address address-value="....."/></subscriptionquery-detail><subscriptionquery-detail status="active" event-time="2012-07-05T16:12:35Z"><address address-value="...."/></subscriptionquery-detail></subscriptionquery-response></bpds>

It seems to be ACTIVE for the 9810 device I'm having problems (PIN listed), like PPG query from DebugPortal

New Developer

Update:

Looking at the 4.6 demo app on the 7.0 9810 device, I found an interesting line

"Failed to read push message, caused by null"

Note I'm using the DebugPortal to initiate pushes, not the custom script.

L.