Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Push Service SDK 1.2 now available for download!

[ Edited ]

The Push Service SDK 1.2 is now available for download! The Push Service SDK provides Java APIs that the Push Initiator can use to interact with the PPG and send push messages to the push-enabled application that runs on a BlackBerry device.

Version 1.2 added support to the Push Service SDK for the BlackBerry Device Service to act as the Push Proxy Gateway (PPG). The addition of the BlackBerry Device Service provides support for BlackBerry 10 devices in enterprise environments. Of course you can still use the SDK to push through BlackBerry Internet Service as the Push Proxy Gateway (PPG) to support BlackBery 10 devices in the consumer environment without any changes.

Also, we listened to all your feedback and have finally made available a sample push initiator that uses the low-level APIs. Download the SDK, run the sample and check out the source code to see how to use the low-level APIs of the Push Service SDK.

You can download the SDK installer for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X environments and documentation from:

https://developer.blackberry.com/devzone/develop/platform_services/push_overview.html

Full release notes at:

https://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/push_sdk_release_notes.html

Retired

Re: Push Service SDK 1.2 now available for download!

There has been a minor update to the Push Service SDK 1.2 release from 1.2.0.25 to 1.2.0.29.

It comes with a few bug fixes and with improved, more detailed explanations and information in the API references.

The exact changes are described here:

http://developer.blackberry.com/java/documentation/push_sdk_release_notes.html

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Matt

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, mdandrea

I have develop my own pushInitor which direct communicate with BB push server (BIS), it works with BB 9800, now I am work on BB 10 client push app, I use Pushcollector,  I modifiy code to direct register BIS,  When I send register request to PPG with url pushapi.na.blackerry.com. I got error : Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found.

Is changed on BIS to regester user part? 

Thanks

Retired

I will respond to this question in the other thread you created, because really, it shouldn't be in this one.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

sorry,

I pose question here .

I create new message: BB 10 BIS client puh app register BIS gey error: Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found.

Please give me some suggestion. Thanks