Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
02-24-2011 01:19 PM
We have an application that will use BIS Push Service for pushing to BIS enabled devices.
1. On push evaluation there is "Transport for Pushes" option that allows to switch between 'BIS Push' and 'BIS&BES Push':
What does this option affect? If I select BIS&BES item can send pushes from my Content Provider to the BES-enabled devices?
It's interesting that on Production Push registration form there is no such option:
2. If there is only ability to push messages on BES-enabled devices from BES server,
what the standard way (API) to send push requests from Content Provider to the BES server in order to ask BES server to pass pushes further along the chain?
02-24-2011 07:38 PM
1. You can only push to BES devices if you (the content provider) are behind the corporate firewall. The BIS+BES option is for corporations who want to push to their BES users but also make their applications available for BIS users outside their corporation.
2. BES push has two APIs - a RIM http format and a PAP XML format.
02-25-2011 02:26 AM
Thanks a lot for your answer,
Do you have any link to documentation that discover such kind of information? I hope I will get more interesting information there.