Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9780
My Carrier: TMobile

Push notification not working after BES server upgrade or patch applied

We have push notification working fine until after BES server software upgrade or patch. some of the users push notification stopped working after BES server software upgrade or patch applied. we tried to pull the battery out and restart and that did not help. We have to delete the app from blackberry and re-push the app to the device to correct the issue.  Does anyone know what caused the issue? Thank you for your help!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Push notification not working after BES server upgrade or patch applied

Definitely sounds like a BES issue. I would trace the BES MDAT logs to see where the failure occurs. 

In my years of working with push I have yet to see an issue like this, the BES does not track which app uses which port for push, so I can't see why re-installation would help to resolve... Tracing the push through the MDAT logs would be the best way to determine where the failure is occurring.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9780
My Carrier: TMobile

Thank you Garett,

So what's difference between pulling the battery and reinstalling the app regarding cleaning resource(storage, port)?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

duck827 wrote:

Thank you Garett,

So what's difference between pulling the battery and reinstalling the app regarding cleaning resource(storage, port)?

If using the OS 5.0+ APIs for push than that would be the difference. But this does not really seem to be a device issue. If you upgrade the BES and the push stops working and have not touched the device it is most likely the BES. Some MDAT troubleshooting should help to find the root cause.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!