Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: -
Accepted Solution

PushRequest response code 401

Hi,

we have several apps using push service.

In our server side all of them are working fine but only one is returning the next error message. We are using also the next base URL:

https://pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest

<html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/7.0.26 - Error report</title><style><!--H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}HR {color : #525D76;}--></style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 401 - Invalid PushServiceId/Password in the Authorization HTTP header</h1><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><p><b>type</b> Status report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Invalid PushServiceId/Password in the Authorization HTTP header</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>This request requires HTTP authentication (Invalid PushServiceId/Password in the Authorization HTTP header).</u></p><HR size="1" noshade="noshade"><h3>Apache Tomcat/7.0.26</h3></body></html>

Best regards.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PushRequest response code 401

Hi,

It sounds like the push application ID or password you're providing for the application is incorrect.

Invalid PushServiceId/Password in the Authorization HTTP header

Thanks,

Matt

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Or, the application ID and password have expired.

Developer
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: -

We have change the password and now it works! Extrange....