Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Receiving push notification issue

I have the same problem with the firewall blocking the push messages.

I really want to know if the administrators of the push service are going to fix this issue. I think that it's not very appropiate to upgrade to the production enviroment only to send push messages cyphred.

Please fix this problem!

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Airtel

can you email me on mansooralia on gmail

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ealcant I'm seeing the same problem that everybody else is experiencing (firewall).

I've contacted someone from RIM, for now I'm getting a reply that says "Forwarding to appropriate department, will let you know if I hear anything." Let's hope that it'll be fixed soon.

Developer

I have sent an email to blackberrypushservices@rim.com (as others did) but they havent answer it.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't heard anything from this side either. ealcant have you applied for Production access? I'm wondering if coding blindly against the broken Eval and then applying for Production afterwards is the way to go.

This would defeat the purpose of having Eval in the first place :-(

Developer

jgani

Yes I have.

Again I must wait three or four days to get RIM's answer to the upgrade request Smiley Sad.

I'm really dissapointed with this issue considering that it has delayed my project schedule for many days.

I suppose that everyone here needs to deliver results and the push platform itself is becoming in a barrier to the development efforts.
Contributor

ealcant, just to clarify did you:

1. build the client-side push and then apply for Production
  2. apply for Production without having built the client-side push

This is stalling our progress too and I'm tempted to apply for Production without a properly working client-side (how do we know if we can't test?) but I'm worried about getting rejected, which might cause even more delays.

Developer

I have applied without giving a working client side push application. How could I provide a production ready application if I can't even procede with the development of the application?.

Anyways this is the unique solution found so I did the intent without the push client.
Developer
My Device: Curve 9300

I think you must build a "half-complete" application first, and then put it on your server to provide OTA installation check for RIM production environment .

i already post the thread in :

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/E-net-rim-gme-RRcd-Error-on-recei...

the possible solution that i know is only move your development from evaluation environment to production environment and then debug in production environment. I already contact 3 department of RIM and no one can answer it : first the blackberrypushservice@rim.com , second is RIM Asia PAcific and then my las try is Blackberry Incident Based Support. This is a little bit ironic.

Regards,

MBK
Highlighted
Contributor

Yeah I saw that post marcboo but I wasn't sure whether you had had access to Production or just "bravely" asked for it while having only an untested client portion.

When you said "half-complete", did you mean:

1. we should provide an app that contains our attempt in implementing client-side push, or
  2. an app with no push code whatsoever is good enough as long as it works

If it's the latter then we're ready to apply for Production