Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

Several Question on Push Service

Hi I'm just learning the concept of Push Service on BlackBerry

I have several question on Push Initiator:

- If there is many of app enable push (client), can Push Initiator send once request message (to all client) ?, or Push Initiator must send for each Client (so must send 10 times if have 10 client)?

- Is there a cap / max push message can send daily (on free) ? I plan to send 3-5 message daily

- Is there a cap on max client / receiver (on free)? How about 1.000.000 client

- Can I send ads or promotion on push message?

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Several Question on Push Service

Hi,

Great round of questions, I'll do my best address each:

1) Are you referring to multiple devices or multiple different apps? I'll answer both:

Devices: A push message can be addressed to one or more devices. As well you can send a broadcast push to all registered devices.

Apps: Push accounts only support one application, there is a 1:1 relationship. You can, however, apply for many push accounts. We have some vendors with dozens of accounts.

2) Push is only offered as a free service today. There are daily caps imposed, but those caps can be *very* flexible (we can always increase your cap if needed). 

3) There is no limit to the number of clients once your push account is moved over to the production server. For testing we require every push account to begin on the evaluation server which limits the user count to 50.

4) At present there is no restriction on the content of the push payload. We do recommend an option to allow users to opt out of receiving push messages though.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Developer
My Device: Blackberry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Hi Garett,

Thanks for answer my question.

I'm referring to multiple device as receiver.

Ok so the Push Initiator just need to send one message to deliver that message to all device that install my app.

Thanks,

Eric

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: STC

Hi ,

how many multiple device as receiver can send in the same http request ?