Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Testing push applications locally

Hi!

I'm begining to use BlackBerry push SDK. I already registered for the BB Internet Service and I've installed the SDK correctly in my computer. Both the sample push initiator and the debug portal seem to be working fine. Also, I have a BB device with OS 4.5 where I have installed the sample push enabled application.

I'd like to start sending pushes to see if everything is working ok. The problem is that my computer does not have a public IP (since this is a testing environment). I was wondering if I could install the push enabled application in a BB emulator, so that I could register with the push initiator locally.

I also though about connecting the real device to the computer so that it could gain internet access through it. I've heard this is posible in other devices, but have no idea if this can be done in BB.

Thanks for your help. Any ideas would be appretiated.

Best regards,

María

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Testing push applications locally

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

I've been reading posts in the forum and I've come to the conclusion that I need a computer with a public IP, am I right?

Now, my question is: does it have to be the public IP that I gave during registration?, or can it be another IP, during the testing phase?

I also have another doubt: what's the username that I must fill in my application's .properties file? I don't think I got that information from the register procedure

Thank you!

Regards,

María

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Not specified

Re: Testing push applications locally

Now, my question is: does it have to be the public IP that I gave during registration?, or can it be another IP, during the testing phase?

in registration evaluate push api, you need fill Source IP Address for Pushes because is mandatory..

but in test phase, you can use another IP (not same with registration)..

piece email from RIM :

Source IP: Whitelisting no longer required

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Feel free to press the like button on the right side to thank the user that helped you.
2. Please mark posts as solved if you found a solution.