Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

Z10 application push problem

Hi Everbody,

I have problem about new blackberry model Z10, my company has an web based blackberry application(.net) on intranet. I can push that blackberry application to someone via blackberry enterprise server version 5(and device model bold). Now we want to upgrade blackberries to Z10 and BES 5 to BES 10. Outlook is working normal, when we try to push our blackberry app to someone we don't get any error message but we can't see application icon on Z10. This icon opens blackberry's browser and connect our web based application. Is problem based on Z10 or BES10 ? i could't understand. And pushing mechanism is different between BES 5 and BES 10? i read that BES 10 backward compatible. Waiting your help.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Z10 application push problem

Hi,

To make sure I understand you correctly, you have a .bar file of your application that you're trying to push to your Work perimeter on your Z10 through BES 10 and it's not going through?

Thanks,

Matt

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Blackberry

In fact when i push my application, Only an icon comes to my device that icon has a URL supplies to connect  my web based application(aspx page). So it is not normal blackberry app. There is only icon related to link. Before BES 10 and Z10 there was no problem, but with these new techologies i can't push this icon.  Do i need few changes because of BES10? In push application i use HttpWebRequest.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BlackBerry 10 does not support pushing an icon.