Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: 9220
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: getting Response Code=10011 while trying to Register for the PUSH NOTIFICATION

OK THANK YOU Garett 

for your patience,time and saving my time too      

i only hope Data plan will solve my problem. 

New Developer

Re: getting Response Code=10011 while trying to Register for the PUSH NOTIFICATION

Alright here is the problem, Wifi is disabled and Data Plan is ON  and yet the response code reads 10011.... 

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Standard data plan? Or BlackBerry Data Plan?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

I just ran into this problem myself today and it looks like I made the same mistake you did.

If you look at the URL printed out you'll notice white-space betwen the "8513" and "&".  This means the URL sent ends at the "8513" and none of the rest is sent.  Thus no osversion or model is in the request and it bounces back with the rc=10011 - no osversion or bad os version error.

Following the advice of the using the sample app unmolested, it worked.  Running it in the debugger and comparing the console output where the rc=10011 comes back made it very visible that the constructed URL was broken.

To run without recompiling, o into your Settings and delete the trailing white-space character.

If you want to do this at the code level:

1) go into PushConfig.java and edit the trailing white-space from your application ID.

2)  because the old value has already been stashed as persistent data, delete the currently installed sample app  

2a) - which in turn requires a device restart - I'm guessing an artifact of using Persistent Data here?

New Developer

Hi,

i used new set of details from the Blackberry registration and now it works without any issues but yes WHITE SPACE caused the problem in the first place... Thank you for posting here, it might help the others to come this way