Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

New Developer
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: verizon
Accepted Solution

question about Content Provider URL

i viewed the post on http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Content-Provider-URL/td-p/487327

i have a question , why should device send my information(serviceid,os version,pinnumber,model,field1 ) to content provider url?and then another information(serviceid, os version , model) to bpasurl.

what is the purpose of the 2 connects?

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: question about Content Provider URL

You need to be subscribed/registered with both systems.

You need to reigster with the content provider so they know who they can push to and also help to detect device and SIM swap scenarios. Part of the legal agreement signed with using push is to implement these features.

Subscribing with the BPS is necessary to prevent content providers from pushing to any device, they would be able to easily spam all BlackBerry users if the RIM push infrastructure didn't keep it's own subscription mappings. Keep in mind this subscriptions is a two step process that is there for security purposes. This ensures other people can't inadvertently subscribe you to push services that you are not interested in receiving.

New Developer
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: verizon

Re: question about Content Provider URL

i see, many thanks!