Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE (UK)

10.2 - first impressions

I installed the new sofware this evening and it took a few hours, once the update itself is done it took an age for the hub to sort itself out and I had problems sending texts while the address book was indexing. I haven't noticed anything radically different as yet. It's always a leap of faith installing a new operating system so I'm glad it's done!

My advice is to set aside a few hours and be patient.

Has anyone found any major advances that they missed in the old software?

KAW
My Carrier: Bell

Re: 10.2 - first impressions

I upgraded to the 10.2 OS - I have a Q10.  Now, the "a" is a "q" and vice versa.  The "z" is now an "e".  Called my provider and they want me to do a hard reset (this is their answer to everything). 

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Trusted Contributor

Maybe one of the experts on here might know something specific but I'd try a simple restart before a hard reset. In my experience with EE in the UK the hard reset is an often used solution as they don't have much specific information to hand.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook

Mike1London wrote:

I installed the new sofware this evening and it took a few hours, once the update itself is done it took an age for the hub to sort itself out and I had problems sending texts while the address book was indexing. I haven't noticed anything radically different as yet. It's always a leap of faith installing a new operating system so I'm glad it's done!

My advice is to set aside a few hours and be patient.

Has anyone found any major advances that they missed in the old software?

I love the 10.2 there are so much to mention so check out the link.

BlackBerry 10.2 OS Begins Roll Out

My Carrier: AT&T

I'm a huge fan of my Q10 which is (and has always been) working like a champ (as I knock on wood).

Even so, I've got to be honest.

I see nothing in the 10.2 update that makes me want to take the RISK of doing the update. No new features that I'm interested in. No apparent efficiency/speed gains.

My inclination is to NOT fix what isn't broken.

. . . . . Pete
Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

petercreasey wrote:

I'm a huge fan of my Q10 which is (and has always been) working like a champ (as I knock on wood).

Even so, I've got to be honest.

I see nothing in the 10.2 update that makes me want to take the RISK of doing the update. No new features that I'm interested in. No apparent efficiency/speed gains.

My inclination is to NOT fix what isn't broken.

. . . . . Pete

I don't blame you.

There's nothing much that leads me to say it's a must have either. Some people may find a use for the priority hub but I can't see I'll ever use it.

Quite a few people seem to be having problems with their sideloaded Android apps which whilst a minority issue is worh flagging up. 

I found I had to install a Skype update for the new software but all the dedicated Blackberry Apps are fine.

On the plus side after settling in it seems stable and hasn't lost any key features of the older software.

Super Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Mike1London wrote:  On the plus side after settling in it seems stable and hasn't lost any key features of the older software.

Mike,  That's good to hear.

Nevertheless, I plan to wait quite a long time to let the 10.2 mellow and prove itself before taking the RISK on our Q10s...assuming that is that I don't hear about a valuable enhancement.

. . . . .  Pete

Forums Advisor III

Mike1London wrote:

There's nothing much that leads me to say it's a must have either. Some people may find a use for the priority hub but I can't see I'll ever use it.

Quite a few people seem to be having problems with their sideloaded Android apps which whilst a minority issue is worh flagging up. 

I found I had to install a Skype update for the new software but all the dedicated Blackberry Apps are fine.

On the plus side after settling in it seems stable and hasn't lost any key features of the older software.

Can you tell me which side-loaded apps are giving you problems? I don't got any issues with any of my apps that I've side loaded 

Netflix no longer works
I had to reinstall Instagram, OK now
Google maps OK
Official Skype also needed to reinstall