Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

A FATAL ERROR HAD OCCURRED WHILE UPLOADING YOUR DEVICE'S SOFTWARE

I get this error msg when I try to update my software

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: A FATAL ERROR HAD OCCURRED WHILE UPLOADING YOUR DEVICE'S SOFTWARE

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Via what method are you attempting this update? There are at least 3 different methods...which are you using please?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

I tried the blackberry link on my desktop

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hmmm..."blackberry link"...hmmm...sadly, since I cannot see your system, I cannot make a proper guess about that. And, when you try that link, what was next? If you would be so kind as to provide the exact steps you conduct to reach this error, then maybe we can understand your situation. Then maybe, just maybe, we can provide you with useful guidance. But, the extremely limited information you have so far provided just leaves too much room to guess...and guessing isn't very helpful for you.

Please help us to help you by providing complete details.

Thanks.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................