Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry q10
Accepted Solution

A few Problems with my Q10

I'm  very happy overall with the device. This is the first time I'm using a Blackberry device and I will recommend it to my friends.

There are a few things that I'm having problems with.

1. Is there a way to set that the screen should stay awake indefinitely?

2. I'm trying to set some of my messages as Priority Hub messages but when I tap down on the item i don't get any choice to set as Priority Hub. I do remember being able to do this previously, did this change on the last update?

Thank You,

Isr

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Claro

Re: A few Problems with my Q10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Settings > Display > Screen lock Timeout > tab >drop down option the longest one is 5 Minutes.

If it helped you, click like
If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Good luck and let us know!
If it helped you, click like.
If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved.
Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

2. I'm trying to set some of my messages as Priority Hub messages but when I tap down on the item i don't get any choice to set as Priority Hub. I do remember being able to do this previously, did this change on the last update?

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/61550/mwa1372084676021.jsp

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/mwa1372084676021.jsp

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/als1342448875377.jsp

If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved.
Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor

Negrabella25 wrote:

Settings > Display > Screen lock Timeout > tab >drop down option the longest one is 5 Minutes.

I want to be able to totaly disable the Screen Lock Timeout. At least for when its plugged into a USB or an outlet.

Contributor

Negrabella25 wrote:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/61550/mwa1372084676021.jsp

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/mwa1372084676021.jsp

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/als1342448875377.jsp

On the link you sent me it says:

Add a message to or remove a message from theBlackBerry Priority Hub

Adding messages to and removing messages from the BlackBerry Priority Hub helps your BlackBerry device learn which messages to highlight as priority in the future.
  1. In the BlackBerry Hub, touch and hold a message.
    • To add a message to the BlackBerry Priority Hub, tap The Add Priority icon.
    • To remove a message from the BlackBerry Priority Hub, tap The Remove Priority icon.
  2. In the dialog box, choose a reason why the message is or isn't important.
  3. Tap OK.

When I touch and hold a message nothing happens I don't get any menu that offers these 2 arrow options.

Please help I would like to be able to use the Priority Hub.

Thanks
Trusted Contributor

Understood isrgish,

Sorry for the inconvenient, that as much can be completed for the Lock out time.

Contributor

I see that there are some apps that are able to disaple the screen lock timeout for example Backup Pro. Is there any way that I can do something similar?

Thanks

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, for your patient.

Have you updated the device software ?

Please Advise

Contributor

Thank You Negrabella for trying to help me.

Yes my phone is up to date just updated it this week.

I finally relised that I should just try to restart the phone and sure enough the problem resolved itself.

I'm still looking for a way to be able to deactivate the screen lock. are there any apps out there that can do that?

Thank You,

Trusted Contributor

Thank you isrgish,

How did you updated the device OS ?

What method you use to update the device OS ?

Please Advise.