Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Proximus

APN information can't be verified

Hi all,

Just got my new Q10, did an upgrade yesterday evening to 10.1.0.4181, started setup today, and immediately got the error "Can't verify APN - The APN information can't be verified. Check your APN settings and try again. If the problem persists, contact your wireless service provider."

Needless to say I'm not going to contact my service provider, but I do wonder how to solve this one. People on Crackberry advise to go through the HelpMe screen, but it sure didn't help me. I'm by the way not the only one that has this problem.

Any hints or tips are very welcome.

Tom.

New Contributor

Re: APN information can't be verified

EDIT: some additional info on this one. I already tried the HelpMe screen thing, but there the APN is the same as in the regular screen. I can't see any more information to add. I guess that's not of much help.
I use internet.proximus.be (Proximus being a Belgian GSM carrier), and so does my colleague, which uses a Z10 with exactly the same firmware (10.1.0.4181). We don't have the error on the Z10 though. That's exactly the reason why I don't think it's a provider problem.
I also wonder why an APN should be "verified" in the first place. Either it works or it doesn't, but "verification" of an APN seems something silly.
I used the SIM card I'm using now in my previous Bold 9900 without any problems, so it cannot be the SIM. I already thought it might have had something to do with the 4G&3G&2G thing, but I also get the error in only 2G or only 3G for instance.

New Contributor

SOLVED! At last I did call my wireless service (which I refused in the first place :-)), and apparently plain internet access was blocked. It appears that they can turn on or off internet access on your BES subscription, according to them to avoid high traffic. Anyway, my BB Bold didn't need this access, my Q10 does need it. They turned off the Internet Block, and voila: solved.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Thank you for sharing your issue and solution to it so that others can learn from it.

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I also have the same issue, i'm on OS 10.2.0.1047..

This morning my phone was working fine, but after a reboot, this APN can't be verified issue came up and I lost my data connection... Smiley Sad

I tried to follow accessing the escreen diagnostic and did a reboot but the APN settings i have still can't be verified..

Please help!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Like I said before: I called my mobile provider, and they told me that they block full internet access by default, even in a BlackBerry profile. So just call your mobile operator, and ask them to open up your access.

My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodafone

I faced the same issue today and my solution was to  delete the apn and type it again press save and restart the phone . Works fine on Z30 10.2