Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

APN won't be saved for BB Q10

Hi All,

I would appreciate if someone help me with this.

After entering all the access point info, and hit "save", the information won't be saved and it turns out to be blank.

Is there any issue with OS or is there any way to save the APN ?

Thank you very much for your support in advance.

Roy

My Device: BlacckBerry® Passport & PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Re: APN won't be saved for BB Q10

When you insert the SIM card and boot the phone up. The phone should automatically configure the Network settings, then SIM belongs to, including the APN settings.

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Contributor

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Matter fact, I need to specify the APN for my SIM. 

It requires UserID, pwd, and access point name to connect.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Is this for Sprint?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Hi John,

That is correct.

It is a Sprint phone.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Well, Sprint doesn't use the sim card for anything except international roaming. For Sprint devices the APN should correctly fill in depending on the provisioning of the device.

Have you talked with Sprint? You shouldn't have to be doing any of this if it's a Sprint-branded device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

John,

Thanks for your advice.

I am in Japan right now, and got this phone thru Ebay, and am trying to use a local SIM.

The SIM requires the APN info set up, and I am having this "not able to save" issue.

I tried to check the configuration of the phone, going Home > Setup > Self Serivce > Gear icon,

then I get a prompt to enter the MSL code, which of course I have no idea.

I made a long distance call to Sprint customer support, and tech support,

their answers are below.

1. Cannot tell me any information like MSL code since I don't have an valid account with Sprint.

2. Contact Blackberry support

3. give up

I wonder if anyone made it setting up an APN with BB Q10.

Guru II

What version of the OS is on the device? Look in Settings >About

Guru II

Using an unlocked CDMA device (it is unlocked, right?) with a local sim always gives unreliable results. Many carriers done allow CDMA devices on their networks. An unlocked GSM device would work much better. Even still, if the carrier you're using isn't in the database on the phone you can have this problem.

Contributor

Hi John,

The version is 10.2.1.2674, which I belive the latest.

Thanks,