Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: touch

Accessibility

Hello,

I prefer using blackberry phones more than any other phone because I have a special case in my eyes. I'm using bold 9900 so I use to switch my display to greyscale mode. I'm thinking to buy a new Q10 blackberry! Does Q10 afford this option?? Greyscale (black and white screen)? Thank you

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: Accessibility

[ Edited ]

I don't think this is an option on the bb10 smartphones.  I did find some information on dark themes for the q10 but this may not match what you're looking for:

Blackberry Q10 Dark theme (EXPLAINED)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU0mlFdJWXw

How to change visual theme on BlackBerry OS 10.2

http://crackberry.com/how-change-visual-theme-blackberry-os-102

User guide for BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.2 Accessibility options:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/55621/mes1334337006167.jsp

Hello again 

No this is not what I'm looking for in all previous bbs, greyscale(Black & white screen) mode is available to set it to reduce eye strain. Is THIS mode "greyscale" still available on Q10?? not dark n light screen i meant can Q10 be switched to white n black display......I really need this oherwise i'll keep on my bold 4 ):

Forums Veteran III

I understand.  greyscale isn't an option for the Q10.  The only thing available is the dark theme.  you will have to keep the bold for now.

Hello again,

I've got a new bb 9930 after i had an android nexus 4 phone....I'm facing problem regarding restoring my contacts & SMS as well....I have more than 3000 text messages & i want to get them on my new bb.....They are on my nexus 4 & on my gmail account....I knew how to restore contacts but still my messages...can you help me please?? Smiley Frustrated

Forums Veteran III

Take a look here: http://us.blackberry.com/support/transferring-to-bb10-device/transfer-contacts-media.html
See the section: Transferring content from non blackberry devices. You can also go to the store and they can transfer it for you.

Wakeup!! I said bb 9930 or whats called bold 4 & not Q10! In my country there's no store for blackberry

New Contributor

Your solution does works only for BB10 phones....I need a solution for OS 7 bbs plus dont forget my problem is with retoring text messages.....your solution does everythin but messages! Smiley Tongue

Forums Veteran III

Apologies, you are right.  I'm not sure how to transfer from Android to BB7.   I recommend that you create a new thread so someone else can help out.