Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Activesync Hotmail Problems

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've actually been pretty happy with my Q10, however, the setup of my hotmail email account with Activesync setttings leave much to be desired. Here are a couple questions:

1.) I have sucessfully setup the EAS with my hotmail account on OS version  10.1.0.4181. However, I can only get the 30 days option to work. If I set the option to forever, which I would very much like to do in order to habe all my mails on the device, the mail starts to sync and then just stops and displays no messages whatsoever. Is it somehow possible to snyc my hotmail account with the forever option or is it just buggy at the moment - to be honest, I have quite a bit of mails in my account dating back to 2006. However, a pop3 account can also sync back all the mails and not suddenly stop and disconnect. I would much prefer the fast EAS option however...

2.) I would be okay with remote search, if I cannot sync past the 30 days. However, I cannot seem to access remote search through my hotmail account. Is it disabled by Microsoft?

Would very much like some feedback from people who use EAS with hotmail and sync their mails over the 30 days limit. This is the only thing that limits my workflow at the moment, because I sometimes need access to previous important mails on the go. Should I just wait a long time when enabling the "forever" option? Will it then eventually sync all mails or not?

I just tried again to apply the forever option - for a while it is syncing the sent messages for the period 2011-2008. Then it stops syncing anything and just displays the 3 newest messages in the inbox. After a while the account is disabled entirely and does not display any messages at all. After a restart it attempts to sync for a while and disconnects again...

Does the unlimited sync option for the Hotmail ActiveSync work for any of you guys? I'm at a loss here...

Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Activesync Hotmail Problems

I have the same problem.  My Q10 was syncing Hotmail "forever" for about 6 months.  Now it has stopped.  I have posted questions on the Microscoft Community Support page and called them.  Unfortunately, the people that reply to this stuff do not have the level of expertise to answer the questions.  They just keep saying, "Call Blackberry."  I would really like to find the following out and if any is related to Blackberry (which I doubt it is):

1.  Did Microsoft or Blackberry change their configuration for Exchange Activesync recently?
2.  Is the forever to 30 day limitation a server issue with people with legacy accounts (i.e., Hotmail) that are now using Outlook.com?
3.  Do people who start brand new accounts with Outlook.com have the same issues?
4.  If everything has been switched to Outlook.com, why are the mobile servers still labeled with "Hotmail"?

New Contributor

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one having this problem. Other than this issue, I am very satisfied with my Q10. Unfortunately, with all that is going on with Blackberry lately, I do not believe they are working on a solution or even have this on their priority list.

Do you use a leak of the new 10.2 OS version? I am hoping that this might resolve this issue. However, I haven't seen anything in the patch notes...

Contributor

I stay away from the leaks as they tend to have issues that I don't have time to investigate.  I just have whatever recent update Verizon rolled out a month or two ago.  I have posted this question several places and have a thread on Crackberry also.  Interestingly, I found a thread in the Blackberry Knowledge Base with a Playbook/Hotmail issue.  It actually listed all the hotmail servers, so one option may be to manually set each one and see if you can forever sync.  Here they are:

Press Back, Advanced Settings, and change the Server Address from m.hotmail.com to blu-m.hotmail.com, dub-m.hotmail.com, stn-m.hotmail.com, bay-m.hotmail.com, col-m.hotmail.com or snt-m.hotmail.com.

New Contributor

Okay, will try that. I have manually inserted the server m.hotmail.com - but after a while, the Q10 automatically changes it to the one with the dub-m.hotmail.com

I will try and report back... So far, no progress...
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine always changes from m.hotmail.com to blu-m.hotmail.com.  I wonder if m.hotmail.com is just the generic to get you in the system and then they just specify the actual server?

Also, I saw somewhere that Outlook.com accounts are setup with "s.outlook.com".  I did try it but I got an error.  Usually you can tell what server you have after you login in your browser based on what your web page address changes to.  Mine does change to "blu169.mail.live.com".  Probably why mine goes to blu-m.hotmail.com