Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Adding Email Accounts

I have just received a new Q10. I am trying to add two email accounts - a 1&1 account and a btinternet account - not work email accounts.  I enter the email address and password and the phone says it is trying to make a connection.  It then says the email provider may not protect personal information and I click continue.  But it does not add the email and says "make sure tyoru eamil address and password ard entered correctly".  I know they are so why can't I add these email addresses?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Adding Email Accounts

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Sometimes, the wizard cannot work correctly. The wizard depends on the server providing many configuration settings (server name, ports, etc.)...if the server does not, then the wizard can't work. In which case you must bypass the wizard and provide those settings manually...first, of course, obtaining them (from your email provider, from another device that already has them configured, from Outlook, etc.).

To bypass the wizard:
Homescreen > Swipe From Top > Accounts > Add Account > Advanced > select the specific service type > fill in all required details.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................