Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: smartone

Alaram clock set and battery losing at the same time! why?

I am very disappointed with the battery life of my q10. I did everything to enhance the battery life. System updated, adjusted the brightness to the lowest level, manually refresh all email accounts, sync nth to the phone, and even switch the 4G phone to the 2G network all the time! (Plus using wifi over 95% of the time and what’s the point for me to switch it from 4G to 2G?!)

I don't use my phone so often, i think only not more than 3 times to refresh my email account (since I don’t want to go out with a dead phone), only fb msg but no any fb activity for less than 10 times a day, no youtube, no news, no nth! Only whatspp with friends which totally less than 2 hours a day I believe. 

But still, the battery can keep losing even it just resting there and do nth!

The most unacceptable thing:

I set the alarm clock on last night and went to bed.
Fortunately, I woke up 2 hours before the time I set.
I was going to switch off the alarm clock function and noticed that the battery level dropped from 65% to below 30% this morning, which means the battery dropped more than 30% in past 8 hours with the alarm clock set. (nth happen during the sleeping prtiod)

I couldn’t imagine what would happen if I didn’t get up 2 hours earlier today.
Would the battery all gone and the alarm clock is not functioning?
Would I have to go out with a phone which only has 10% battery level?

Anyone has faced the same problem? Or it’s the battery problem? (Use this phone less than 2 weeks)
Even I found out that the battery will sharp drop while I am using it, no matter photo taking, phone call, whatsapp…..
It seems like it will drop heaps even u just unlock the phone ,check any notifications n lock the phone again.

Also my phone suddenly overheated this morning without any activity, anyone knows why?

I am sorry that I wrote that much this time, but I think this is the only way for me to complaint the company!
I switched from Droid 1 to Q10 not just because of the keyboard, it’s because I do need a phone which can provide what I need the most. I am not a fb/youtube/twitt person. I just need a phone which can link up with email accounts and keep me updated. I believe blackberry is the best choice in the market but I am totally ruined by the poor battery life.

2100mAH battery, 13.5 hours talking time (3G) and 14.8 days standby (3G)
This is NOT happening to me! 

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Alaram clock set and battery losing at the same time! why?

Other things to check...

• is bluetooth and nfc disabled
  • is hotspot turned on?  turn it off

Here's something to check... what happens if you engage airplane mode before going to bed?  How much power is there when you get up?

Airplane mode would confirm you have a situation where you are in an area of weak coverage.  Weak coverage has the phone and battery working harder.  Personally I disable wifi when out of the home and disable the cell coverage when I'm sleeping.  Makes a huge difference since I'm not using those services at that time.

New Contributor
My Carrier: smartone

Re: Alaram clock set and battery losing at the same time! why?

Thanks for your advice. I have switch off bluetooth and NFC all the time. Also i will only enable wifi connection when i need it, such as refresh email a/c. I will not switch to aeroplane mode since i need to stay connected 24 hours. One more thing, i am living in the metro area, so i believe won't have problem with the network.

But i still want to know why the battery keep losing when alarm clock is set? This is not making any sense at all. 

Super Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Alarm clock set and battery losing at the same time! why?

I can't explain the relationship with the clock.

I can say that a co-worker and I have different networks.  His phone drains faster because we are in a concrete building where his network does not have building "repeaters" to boost reception.  Thus his phone and battery needs to work harder to maintain reception.