Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry Q10
My Carrier: orange

An Idea For a BlackBerry Q10 Trackpad?

Using my BlackBerry Q10 I like the phone and everything much better than my BlackBerry 9900. Though, I miss the trackpad part. Maybe if BlackBerry where able to complete an app that people can download and use it as a BlackBerry traditional trackpad that was touchscreen for the Q10? Just an Idea comment of what you thought of it Smiley Very Happy and also I dont even know if this was possible

Contributor
My Device: Passport Black
My Carrier: du

Re: An Idea For a BlackBerry Q10 Trackpad?

I Totaly agree with you! We need the trackpad back ,blackberry!!!
New Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

It might be possible to add the trackpad back by writing an app for it. I don't know if Blackberry allows third-party apps to have that kind of access to the OS, but having a trackpad zone show up when the focus is on a textarea would make moving the cursor around in the text field A LOT easier. I don't like the tap feature very much.

Contributor

niether do I the new os and what ever is great and all, but they should of never got rid of the blackberry trackpad + buttons thats whats actually attracting younger people now its like a Z10 with a key board that isnt touch. i dont get it. i like it but they should replace the sceen size for the extra buttons and I read aa techradar review on the Blackberry 9900 and it said the touch screen is to small so now they have a Q10 with a larger touch screen and say the screen sive is awkward. wth.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

What about the trackpad are you wanting back? The device is easily navigable without the trackpad. The biggest complaint is usually placing the cursor in the right position to edit text. Here is a tip for that:

Place the cursor in the text. A circle should pop up. You can tap on the right side or the left side (or top or bottom) of the circle to move the cursor one space to the right or left or from line to line. Once I learned that trick I no longer missed the trackpad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Oh no its not that at all. I mean like the Z10 is like good for a touch screen phone. But the blackberry Q10 is basically the same with a keyboard I don't like wiping the screen all the time from finger marks it's just for the design it is I think people would agree with me, that they would of hoped the Q10 was a newer version of the blackberry 9900
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Well, there are users who agree with you, but to me it's just one more thing to break. I've tried to help too many users replace non-working trackpads.

Don't count on the trackpad returning to the Q10 or Q5. The touchscreen works so darn good.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Okay then will future blackberry phones have no trackpads then? And how come you can't just improve the track pads. I don't know how difficult that is but my friends say wow look your phone. But it has no trackpad so I don't like it even though there trackpads break there okay. Maybe for my next upgrade in the next few months there will be a blackberry 10 series that has a trackpad c:
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Leaving Q10 for the 9900

Well, clearly a trackpad would relieve a lot of the "iBerry" feel.

I could probably live with a lot of the existing flaws if they re-introduced the track pad.

But the current combination of no trackpad with all the toy-like iFlaws, makes it a no go.

Frankly, I just wish someone on this thread would start listenting and asking us what we really care about, not just telling us that we need to adapt.

The attitude drives me crazy too.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Tupee, my "guess" is that you will not see the trackpad again for a while... at least not on the Z or Q series devices. Those are the only devices to which we've been privy to see.

Sorry. I can't improve anything, I don't work for BlackBerry. I am a user much like yourself.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code