Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Auto on/off

There is bedside mode on the Q10 and Z10. I use it every night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: 02

Yes, of course there is bedside mode.  The point is, though, that you cannot set it to begin and end automatically at specific times every day as you could with the auto on/off in previous BlackBerries.  You have to remember to switch on bedside mode every night, or risk being woken by notifications.

Whle it would be enormously helpful if bedside mode could be set to automatic, you'd still have the problem that for some reason the alarm settings work differently in bedside mode.  It is not possible to "dismiss" a daily alarm without disabling it (and then having to remember to reset it), and a stray touch on the screen can reset the alarm time by hours.  My new Q10 has caused several disasters.  Why not let it work like all prevous BlackBerries?   

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There are many things that are different. Many suggestions have been sent. We get what we get. There are many features that I don't know why they were not put in. I've found that over time It's just a matter of getting used to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 9419618404

I have used Blackberries for more than a decade. The lack of an auto on/off is a major problem for me. My battery is lasting less than 48 hours. This is way shorter than my eaperience with B Bold. The auto on/off function add should be a high priority item for BB. If not fixed by the time of my next opporturnity to switch (Sept-2014) I will switch to a competitor.

Guru II

And just what competitor will you switch to? No other device that I'm aware of has auto on off.

Guru II

Oh, and iPhone = 8 hours tops on battery. My BlackBerry Z30 = 15-16 with VERY heavy use.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z30, Q10, Bold 9900, 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Much Needed!!!

Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: 02

Yes, the effect on battery life is a pain -- in addition to missed calls and emails when I forget to switch it out of silent in the morning, or missed sleep when I forget to switch it to silent at bedtime.  Please, BlackBerry, fix this as a priority.

Guru II

IWatson wrote:

Yes, the effect on battery life is a pain -- in addition to missed calls and emails when I forget to switch it out of silent in the morning, or missed sleep when I forget to switch it to silent at bedtime.  Please, BlackBerry, fix this as a priority.

There's an app for that....Works great too!

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/37800891/?countrycode=US&lang=en

Runs headless on 10.2.1(meaning you don't have to leave it running in an active frame to work.)  VERY worth the $.99

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

I initially complained about the on/off because I suspect that I didn't like change. I have come to enjoy the bedside mode with the alarm option, especially with the dimmed clock on the phone.
Now if I could only find a place to get Blackberry car and home chargers that work!! Aftermarket ones don't last as long either