Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Airtel Tanzania

Re: AutoText not working anymore on bb Q10

I tried doing the same thing, rebooted also, but auto text still doesn't work !
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I don't have another suggestion for this.

I'd suggest you call Airtel Tanzania and ask them to escalate the issue up to BLackBerry Tech support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel Tanzania

Ok will do that. Thanks for your assistance !
Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

So, it's happened again. Word substitutions just stopped being suggested this morning on my BB Q10. I tried the solution that fixed it before, but things just went from bad to worse.

At first, factory word substitutions were being suggested, and only my personal subs were not appearing. As I reset this and rebooted that and tried everything, I noticed that no new word substitutions could be added either. The words are all in the substitution list. but will NOT appear in green text when I type the phrase. Now after a whole day of trying to fix it with reboots, battery pulls, software updates, capitalizations turned on and off, input languages changed, etc., many of the factory words are not suggested either. Myver and Mynumber still work, but that's about it. I have come to the idea that the words are somehow not being saved where they can be re-accessed by the predictor. I'm wondering if a new OS update has automatically been installed which has wiped out my word subs first and now won't save changes properly. Can anyone suggest any fix whatsoever? It is maddening because I depend so much on my word subs, and can't imagine living without them!

Wow, that would be frustrating to me also.

You said you've tried software updates to fix this, what updates?

What OS release are you on now?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I'm on OS 10.1.0.273

You said you did software updates, is this where you got the .273 update?

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
Contributor

I'm not sure if that was the version that was already on my phone as of yesterday morning or not. I wish there was a way to find out when that version got uploaded to my phone because yesterday before 10.00am my word subs were working, then I actually saw a little flicker on my screen and within one minute of that I could not access my personal word subs. When I went into the factory words that were still popping up green, at that time they were still working. If I hit save instead of cancel on the factory words, I then lost their accessibility too. I can create a new word sub and it appears on my list, but the predictor will not call up anything that is new or has been saved since yesterday at 10.00am.
Contributor

I noticed that when I had this problem back in May Myver was 10.1.0.1483 and clicking the capitalization button on and then off again fixed it. Now Myver is 10.1.0.1720 and nothing I do will make the word subs appear in green. They are all in the list, and even creating a new one will not save it to a place that can be accessed by the predictor. I'm guessing that word substitutions are not that frequently used by Q10 users so when new versions of the OS are created they are probably getting overlooked. As it was only my personal words that were not recognized, programmers probably saw that the factory words were still working and assumed there were no problems. I'm hoping that the next version update is not long in coming and that my beloved word substitutions will be fully operational again. If you could please pass my concerns on to the powers that be, it would be much appreciated. Until then, I'll be in a mess of cutting and pasting Smiley Sad

In don't understand this at all.
The latest OS released by BlackBerry is the 10.1.0.4537/.4181

Perhaps that will fix it.

Is there any chance you're using a language different than the one the Word Subs are created in?

Knowledge Base Updates