Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

My Device: q10
My Carrier: Indosat

Re: AutoText not working anymore on bb Q10

[ Edited ]

please help, my autotext not working

myver : **removed**

sometimes its working but sometimes its not.

i had tried to pull out the batterey and put it back again, its work.

but after sometimes its not working again,

and if its working, there are some autotext can work and some are not.

please help, i do alot of typing, really needs autotext

Edit: Personal Information removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid I gave up trying to get my personal word substitutions to come back. Myver is **Removed**. I am hoping that an update will eventually arrive that repairs everything back to the way it was when I first got my Q10. My subs were very long, (entire emails popped into place with a simple two or three letter code), and luckily they are still present in my list, but unfortunately the code doesn't call up the green text anymore. So how I work it now is I go into the list, select and copy the substitution I want, and just paste it into the email or text. It is nowhere near as convenient as it was when the thing was working properly, but at least I don't have to compose those long emails from scratch every time I want to send one. One thing I have noticed however, is that since I had this problem (I think when an automatic update occurred), some words that do come up green in my predictor are NOT even in my word sub list! How could this be, unless they've been added by an update which has made MY old list inaccessible?? I really wish someone could fix it soon.....

Edit: personal Information removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telkomsel

Its work on my Z10.
Thank u..
But still cant adding a new one, but its ok for me
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: IND XL

its happened to me as well.

only the original works, eg: lt, ld, yr.. but the custom text does not work.

please help....
Denie Nataprawira
http://about.me/nataprawira
Contributor
My Device: 9883
My Carrier: Sasktel

It's sad that something so useful and in demand as autotext and word substitution on Blackberry devices is so lacking on the newest Blackberry phones. They don't fix it and there's no way to talk to someone who could fix it and they wonder why they are losing market share!!

Solutions: 6,358
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

2700475 wrote:

It's sad that something so useful and in demand as autotext and word substitution on Blackberry devices is so lacking on the newest Blackberry phones. They don't fix it and there's no way to talk to someone who could fix it and they wonder why they are losing market share!!

Wow, it's sad that some users don't know what they're talking about.

Autotext and/or Word Substituion is working perfectly for me (on a Z10, Q10 and Z30, all upgraded to 10.2.1.2102).

Works great.

I am trying to help these others determine what the issue is... if you're only here to threadcrap, please don't. If you also have the issue, please state the pertinent details of your situation.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

nataprawira wrote:
its happened to me as well.

only the original works, eg: lt, ld, yr.. but the custom text does not work..

nataprawira, What is your Operating System loaded to your device?  From the main screen, swipe down from the top black bezel to Settings > About... what is the OS Version listed there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

It sounds like jsanders from other postings on "autotext" rarely uses it and so doesn't from his own experience know that it stops working after 100-200 entries. MANY people are complaining about this and there is no solution from BlackBerry. I had 1600 autotext entries and some of them had multiple lines of text. I can't get any of them working now!! I want a solution

2700475 wrote:
It sounds like jsanders from other postings on "autotext" rarely uses it and so doesn't from his own experience know that it stops working after 100-200 entries. MANY people are complaining about this and there is no solution from BlackBerry. I had 1600 autotext entries and some of them had multiple lines of text. I can't get any of them working now!! I want a solution

hahaha, you think I don't use Word Substution? I do, quite often and still do with this update. I don't have ~1600 entries, more like ~400 or so.  I don't see the need for your little bit of knowledge about me to cause your petty insults.

Running through testing several of them (some with multiple lines of text, they all work.

But you can't get any single auto text entry to work?

Can you try creating a new one from scratch and let's see if it works?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I wasn't trying to insult you. But there isn't any way to get this working and many other people say the same thing.