Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

BB Maps crashes after update to 10.1.0.805

This morning I got offered the update of BB Maps to version 10.1.0.805 on my Q10. Since then, it crashes upon start (quits without error message). If someone has a solution to this, post it here. I am certainly not the only one with the problem if you look at the reviews for BB Maps on BB World.

My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: BB Maps crashes after update to 10.1.0.805

Same happened to me last night. Hopefully there is a fix somewhere as this is a huge hassle

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

go to maps.blackberry.com and have it sent to your device

make sure after you log in you select your current device and PIN, i tried to update my other Z10 5 times before realizing this

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Yep, I did the maps.blackberry.com on my computer and it started automatically to install on the Q10. Maps worked again afterwards.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to hear it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell Canada

The other thing that worked for me is that I had a os update this afternoon to update it to os 10.1.0.4. After I installed that, maps worked fine again.