11-21-2013 01:04 AM
I bought this new Q10 two weeks back and have been struggling to solve the battery draining and overheating issue all these days. While those issues are still very much there, I just bumped into another serious snag in my q10. Whenever I want to use the SMS (text) service as a fresh sms to anyone from my contacts lits, the phone just freezes in that application. There is no way I can come out of it and go to another text message. I have to abort the application and continue with other applications or I have to pull out the battery to reset the text application. However, when I am replying to any incoming sms, the phone does not freeze. So, technically I cannot sms anyone who has not already sent me a text on this phone
This is really getting into my nerve. It seems I am spending more time solving my blackberry problems, than doing any business to earn to pay for the blackberry
Somebody rightly said in this forum, it is just a piece of expensive paper weight or hand warmer. Feels like banging this phone on the floor and go and buy a basic Nokia phone for just phone and sms and have peaceful life
11-21-2013 01:49 AM
try to Have the Latest Software on to your Device ... A Software Upgrade solve max of your issues . .
11-21-2013 02:28 AM
06-06-2014 11:12 AM
So, I have been having this issue and here is what I think is happening.
If you open a text and do NOT have the text field highlighted, if you happen to start a message with "t" which, being one of the MOST common used letters and being THE most common first letter, at least in the English language. the 't' button goes to the "top" of the text. If you have a substantial text history with someone, this will take a LONG time. and while it does it, it prevents you from sending a text for some reason.
Shortcuts: BlackBerry Hub - How To - BlackBerry Q10 Smartphone - 10.1
Here are steps to reproduce:
1) Open a text (preferably with someone whom you text frequently)
2) click on a previous text (this will remove focus from the input, note that you should see Enter a message but no blinking cursor)
3) Press "T" ( I am not sure which other 'shortcut' keys may do this too)
4) click on the text entry field (note blinking cursor)
5) Try to type a message or send
I have seen in step 5 that sometimes you can't type a message, nor can you Click the ... and Send Message (greyed out).
1) Wait, an indefinite amount of time for the process to stop going to the "top"
2) reboot the phone (note you shouldn't be doing battery pulls, all you need to do is hold the power button and do a reset.