Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile

BB Q10 locked

HELP! When I tried to make a backup from my phone to my computer (I installed BBlink) it said that my phone is locked. I can´t unlock my phone because I never installed a phone-code. So I don´t know what it is! My phone keeps asking for it. After 10 times it will delete all my content! That will be a disaster! What can I do? (is there a code installed in production that I can find anywhere?) Please help me!

My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Q10 locked

Either you installed a code inadvertently, or somebody else did it while you were not looking. That's why you ALWAYS create a lock code yourself, even if you don't use it. 

There is nothing you can do. Wipe it and start again, lesson learned. Too many people find/steal a BlackBerry and then ask for a workaround. Or a spouse wants to spy on the significant other in the relationship. For exactly this reason, BlackBerry's legendary security was created. Data protection above all else. 

Developer
My Device: Q10 v10.3.1.1565
My Carrier: {unbranded}

what is phone-code? how to create it? i've went through security settings and there is only device password, but once set it must be typed everytime accessing phone (or after period of max 30 min). is there some other locking mechanism?

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Yes there is. I did´nt know it either but just found out the hard way. It´s a kind of lock that makes the whole phone completely useless. It locks not only the keyboard but every function or application. The strange thing is that I never installed such a code but my phone thinks (or knows) that there is a code installed. I take the good advice from rambo47 and wil install every kind of code in the future. So i can be sure that it´s my code. I would advice everyone to do the same......