Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: didongviet

BB Q10 phone's call list is malfunctioning.

Dear BB,

On the last 3 weeks, my BB Q10's call list is not working properly. The call list showed wrong contact name, which caused many uncomfortable situations to me. For examble:

In my contact list, I has Mr A's contact like: 0123456 and Mr B's contact: 987654.

After Mr A called me, the call list record shows Mr B who is my business partner. It came to the result that I see Mr B when I re-check my miss calls, I called Mr B by mistake. So troublesome!

Can you help me over come this technical issue?

Thanks alot 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BB Q10 phone's call list is malfunctioning.

Hello Khuonghy34.

Not trying to eliminate the contact beam and add it back to see if the error is ...

Otherwise touch Blackberry OS update Q10.

Kudos **Do not forget to give those people who help and advise you regarding your questions, as well give the answer like**

@ gutijose14

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Bought  Z10 in February.  No issues.  About 6 weeks ago, my incoming and outgoing calls were showing up as someone different than actual caller.  This is once a call is finished or missed.  No problem if you see the incoming call or if you are making a call.  Only after it is completed , it changes to reflect a different name.  The name would be someone else's from my contact list, the number would be correct for actual party calling.  Major problem in relation to missed calls, as when I return the call it is not the person I am intending to call.  Returning calls that I may not want to.  

I called Rogers, they suggested a hard reboot.  I took the battery out. no luck.  Thereafter, I transferred my info to a backup and uploaded the software again to my phone.  Solved the problem for 3 weeks!!!

However, two days ago same problem came back.  Help?  Don't want this to be a habit, I am not technically sophisticated and use the my phone for calls, texting and emails.  

New Contributor
My Carrier: didongviet

Hi Gutijos,

The programme updating won't work either. I am even re-install the firmware twice and this still come back. It looks like BB cannot solve this problem currently.

So irritating

My Carrier: Vodafone

Any luck in solving this issue or should I sell this phone and ban blackberry after being its fervent supporter over the last few tumultuous years?
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

No luck. A friend of mine has a q10 and her phone as of yesterday is doing same except it his in relation to her incoming texts. No clue who is sending texts as converting to other names on her contact list.

I am hoping someone at BlackBerry proposes a solution. I think it's a bug in new software upgrade as no issue with original software. As AGM is over, can someone pay attention to actual customers.

Irritated and becoming more so
Rchahal in Calgary.
New Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: shop

exactly the same problem is faced by me. this is a serious problem which needs to be sorted immediately. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Keep in mind that this is a community support forum. It's not that I'm not sympathetic but you're not talking directly to BlackBerry with posts here's. It is possible that someone from BlackBerry sees your posts but in your shoes I would be calling the carrier back and asking them to escalate to BlackBerry level support.

In terms of troubleshooting, the only thought I have is whether the phone number is like a common switchboard listed in both contacts, in which case, when the initial call comes in, you may be seeing the "call display" contact information and after, it gets attributed to someone else with a common phone number or email listed in the contact list. It's pulling at straws I know.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: 914224233600

My Q10 has exactly the same problem....  Any solutions ?