Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: safaricom

BB Q10 technology

when i bought this bb Q10 i was quite excited about the fast speeds and the less freezeing. I was using bold 9870 was very happy. I discovered that moving around the phone while driving is a issue you have to catch the phone on your hand and the thumb will end up selecting some other feature unless you use your fingures which is not possible.

i also discovered the blackberry email service configuration is using imap technology compared to the older platform where you need to configure it online and its set up on the phone. its just been a week and i am having problems on receiving emails.

selecting text and things on the phone is a major issue.

the blackberry protect feature does not back up the contacts and partial stuff like the older version where it has all come back to the premitive age technology. I was very happy with the old stuff where if by mistake i typed wrong code 10 times i could restore my phone from any part of the world as long as i had internet unlike this phone you need your laptop with you. very displeased with the blackberry loyal fan.

emails cannot be arranged in groups.

This phone needs a lot of software improvement and the main feature of bbprotect needs to be brought back. This is a true feature i like compared to rest of the brands.

My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB Q10 technology

I agree it's easy to mis-select something on the screen. I'm getting used to the sensativity and alignment after several weeks with the Q10 though and I find I only mis-select something once in a while. Fortunately it's easy to go back. For me it happens most in Settings when I think I'm tapping on one category but get the one right below it.

I'm thrilled with IMAP. I finally have access to sub-folders in email without a BES connection. I get all my emails and they arrive at the same time as on my desktop mail client.

Copy/paste is a pain. This is where I miss a trackpad. Precise selection and moving the text select bars is tough. I don't see a remedy for this, unfortunately.

While there are no groups available in contacts, you can arrange your email to be displayed in conversations (by subject) instead of as individual emails.  From the Hub, select the three dots at the bottom right of the screen and choose Settings > Display Actions and choose Conversations instead of Individual Messages. 

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9780
My Carrier: safaricom

I also just realised my operator saying that they do not support q10 and now I am unable to setup my email giving me an error imap.google.com unreachable and the phone has been using up my credit despite of me being on the blackberry prepaid full bundle. BLACKBERRY U HAVE SPOILT YOUR NAME COMPARED TO OTHER BRANDS.
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

You're blaming BlackBerry because your carrier does not support the Q10?