Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Battery Issues

Hi, i have read many posts on Q10 Battery issues, i Brought my Q10 yesterday and since owning it I noticed that after charging the battery it randomly discharges itself to 0%-10% smetimes the phone turns itself off, sometimes it stays on, i have performed some of the hints i have seen on other forums like deleting android apps like ebay for example and swithing to airplance mode for 10 mins, the porblem still seems to be there..... this is very irritating and considering i swipched from the crappy Iphone i expeted better.... please HELP!!!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery Issues

From what level does it discharge to 0-10%?

Also, please understand the first 48 hours your email, contacts, social accounts, etc., are syncing to the device and the battery life will be shorter than normal. After the first three days, with moderate (medium) usage, you should see an average of 15-18 hours battery use. Just don't let the device constantly drain to 10% or less... that harms the battery.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hi, thank you for the reply! i think i was a little vague in my last post!

Ok here goes So when i charge the battery it goes full ( Green light) then say 1 -2 hours it says its empty (red battery bar, then i can lock the phone then open it and the battery bar is ful again Smiley Frustrated then it will turn off and i try to turn it on and the red light just flashes!! then eventually after a frustrating period it will restart, the battery bar is then red and same all over again..... I beleive the Charger is OEM it says blackberry on it lol! and the charge cable has the Blackberry sign on the end.... i have had the charge error message once too, "use the riginal carger to charge faster" or words to that effect!!!

I have already put the phone into plane mode, deleted every app..... I have spoke to the retailer who has kindly sent me a new battery ??

I switched from an Iphone 5 to the BB and i had such high hopes.... when the phone runs i love it, but seriously it is making me want to send it back and go elsewere!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!

New Contributor

Excuse my dislopsic typing my keyboard is playing up on laptop too..... lol
New Contributor

BUMP!!! Obviously i am not worth a reply Smiley Sad a quicker update, now i have a brand new battery out of the box, it shows as 3/4 for a few mins then goes red then if i lock it and open it back to normal, then it gives me a low power warning then turns off, also if i let the phone go onto standby at this point and then plug it in, it switches the phone off Smiley Sad Im starting to think the phone is kapuut.. and seems there is no help anywere!!!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Geordie444 wrote:

BUMP!!! Obviously i am not worth a reply Smiley Sad

Sure you are! I replied just over 24 hours ago, scroll up!

Then you stated you had a new battery coming... there was nothing to reply to UNTIL you had that new battery a while.

I see you started using the battery "out of the box" at 75% or so.

So now, charge the battery complete, to 100%.

See how it goes. And post back in 3-4 days AFTER you've had time for the battery charge/depletion to normalize. A few hour or half a day won't tell you anything.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Well, After all that it turns out its a hardware fault..... so its gone back new one on the way! thanks for the help any way! Smiley Happy