Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: From Amazon

Battery drop problem

[ Edited ]

It seems a common problem for new Blackberry OS. I tried to report it to the issue center. But I didn't get any useful suggestion. He told me to create a report via "Help" but I can't without an valid incident number. Here is the problem:

The common view (no serious investigation) is that since the version software has updated (In my Q10 is 10.2.1.2977), the battery consumption becomes more serious than before. I don't know what causes their problem, but in my part, the system process eats the battery every a certain duration (don't know how long, happened 2 or 3 times per day), and the battery usage line increases dramatically and returns to normal level several minutes later. I checked every process that I can see in the system monitor, there are several cases. Sometimes, "standby" process has the same phenomenon at the same moment, sometimes it's PIM Services. Besides, BBM and Location (GPS) also happened to chew the battery. At the same time, the phone becomes really hot. What's more, the solution is to cut the network (not wifi nor data connection, it's the phone communication network). But it can only stop the issue for this time. I also find in one picture from internet, that someone sent to a BBS forum, a stair form of battery line usage where the drop is very slight. He said he only received 3 or 4 calls during that time.

When these cases happened, I didn't do nothing. The phone became warm by itself and even hot.
Does someone know how to solve the problem? what causes this problem? Thanks

The first 4 pictures is the case of BBM.

And the next 2 picture is the case of GPS.GPS

These last ones are the case of "system" process.SYSTEM process

I also have the picture of PIM service battery usage and cpu usage line in my phone.