Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Reply
Highlighted
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-14-2013
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Mobilicity
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device

[ Edited ]

Hey All,

 

I am experiencing an issue recently where my BlackBerry Link cannot be connected to my device.  Whenever I connect my Q10 with the computer it says " Cannot Communicate With Device".  It shows that my phone is charging however, and I just don't understand why I can't sync pictures, videos, music with my computer.  It worked last month, and now it seems like I can't do anything on the computer with my BlackBerry.  

 

Any ideas or solutions?

 

Thanks in advance!

Jim 

Hall of Famer III
Posts: 58,456
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

  • KB26745 BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link displays the message "Update Could Not Be Completed" or "cannot communicate with the connected device" when connecting to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone or BlackBerry PlayBook tablet via USB

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎10-15-2013
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device

It seems this problem is quite common for blackberry, are any changes being made to correct it as I really need this connection method to work!
New Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎10-14-2013
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Mobilicity

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device

Hey sdgardne!

Thanks for your advice on the issue. I found out that it was my firewall that prevented the connection between my phone and my computer.

Not sure if this questions has already been asked, but I just couldn't find the solution.

Anyways, thank you once again. For other users that area experiencing the same thing, having your firewall too high could be a reason why it isn't working.
Hall of Famer III
Posts: 58,456
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device


lostone2k3 wrote:
It seems this problem is quite common for blackberry, are any changes being made to correct it as I really need this connection method to work!

Hello,

 

No one here can know the answer to your question...refer:

Hopefully, this information will be of use to you.

Cheers, and Good Luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III
Posts: 58,456
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device


wemjii wrote:
Hey sdgardne!

Thanks for your advice on the issue. I found out that it was my firewall that prevented the connection between my phone and my computer.

Not sure if this questions has already been asked, but I just couldn't find the solution.

Anyways, thank you once again. For other users that area experiencing the same thing, having your firewall too high could be a reason why it isn't working.

wemjii wrote:
Hey sdgardne!

Thanks for your advice on the issue. I found out that it was my firewall that prevented the connection between my phone and my computer.

Not sure if this questions has already been asked, but I just couldn't find the solution.

Anyways, thank you once again. For other users that area experiencing the same thing, having your firewall too high could be a reason why it isn't working.

I'm glad the advice was useful to your situation.

Cheers and good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Member
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎07-15-2015
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 971

Re: BlackBerry Link Cannot Connect With Device


wemjii wrote:

Hey All,

 

I am experiencing an issue recently where my BlackBerry Link cannot be connected to my device.  Whenever I connect my Q10 with the computer it says " Cannot Communicate With Device".  It shows that my phone is charging however, and I just don't understand why I can't sync pictures, videos, music with my computer.  It worked last month, and now it seems like I can't do anything on the computer with my BlackBerry.  

 

Any ideas or solutions?

 

Thanks in advance!

Jim 


Hi,

 

Am not able to send 4 digit SMS, how to do setting in phone