Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
vx1
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: rogers

BlackBerry Q10 Icons and UI Resolution

BlackBerry Q10 Icons and UI Resolution

There is a problem here the BlackBerry Q10 Icons and UI Resolution is wrong on Q10 its too low set and not optimized for the smaller screen. The Icons are Way too Big, and So is the User Interface. On every other blackberry in the world the icons and UI are proportionate accept for this device.

Everything else on this device is great, and then cam the icons and GUI user Interface. FAIL people will shy away from this device because of this ridiculous oversite. I bought this phone and was really excited , I got it  - loved the size, speed, keyboard  - then saw the icons and UI - its something I could not live with and Returned the phone. bought something else.

There should be a Option to make things smaller and more proportionate

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Du

Re: BlackBerry Q10 Icons and UI Resolution

I'm with you 100% on this.  The icons are way too big, as is the whole UI.  Everthing feels so crowded!  Please RIM fix this!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

Re: BlackBerry Q10 Icons and UI Resolution

I couldn't agree with you more. Using a 9900 after my Q10 is like a breath of fresh air, with so much information being able to fit on one screen. Eight emails rather than six; discreet title bars rather than the white-spaced monstrosities filling up a quarter of the screen. Is it really necessary to use what must be 250 pixels of height to display the From address and subject of the email I'm viewing?

BlackBerry, please reduce the size of the UI elements and tone down the spacing so that my phone can become a workhorse again rather than a beautiful but useless objet d'art.