Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Q10 - Is there a way to set up an auto on/off

dbirkby wrote:

VERY DISAPPOINTED THERE IS NO AUTO OFF FEATURE - WHY AND WHEN WIILL IT BE AVAILABLE?

Why? Because every new update incorporates new features and sometimes drops other features.

When? That's a forward-thinking question, the type that BlackBerry (and every other manufacturer) does not answer.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: q10
My Carrier: vodafone

I am very disappointed with the lack of auto on and off - I have had several Blackberry models over the past decade and all had this functionality - I cannot understand how the Q10 does not have this function. This is not Progress which to me means improving / expanding functions and not removing such a core function. This needs to be addressed ASAP.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 3
My Carrier: MTN

I also badly want auto on/off feature on my Blackberry Q10, please kindly look into it... the auto on/off feature makes my life much easier with the phone, I'm so unhappy with its absence in Q10... blackberry should kindly work on this
Ayua
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: 02

Don't expect a response (let alone a fix) from BlackBerry -- they don't seem even to acknowledge the problem. 

I have seen it suggested that the new operating system makes auto-off impossible (is this true, BlackBerry?), if so, is it possible to uninstall BlackBerry 10 and install BlackBerry OS on a Q10?  I'm tempted to do this anyway, as I'm not at all impressed with the long list of "improvements" -- and certainly none of them are worth the hobson'schoice of missed calls or interrupted sleep. 

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Employer "upgraded" us to the BB Q10.  Among other disappointments, the very basic feature of "automatic on" has been lost, which in practical terms means I have to go out and buy an alarm clock and bring it with me when I travel. Who makes these decisions?

My Device: classic
My Carrier: rogers

I am very sad to not have this function on the new classic. When you are on call at work and don't want to be disturbed between 9pm and 6 am, this is why you need the function, please find a way to bring it back.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

What better reason to have an auto shut off/on for the Q10 than it's what the CUSTOMER wants???  Since this feature was available in older models, what is so difficult about keeping the feature on in your newer models?  Obviously this isn't an isolated request just by reading the posts on this forum.  Saving on battery, prolonging the not-as-smart-anymore phone life, not having your sleep disturbed by frequent notifications, maintaining your personal and professional efficiency by having the phone turn when it is supposed to ... are these not reasonable justification enough?