Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Q10 e-mail delays

Hi,

With my line of work it is best that I receive certain e-mails asap on my phone. My old setup was with my Bold, I would filter e-mails coming in my gmail account and re-direct them to my blackberry.net account and they would instantly come in (note the filtering of e-mails is not mandatory).

Since getting the Blackberry Q10 it has been a bit of a headache trying to find that same "instant" reception of e-mails. The blackberry.net is gone and after trying gmail and hotmail accounts they all seem to disconnect from time to time or even if they are connected they tend to have random delays where I would get the e-mail appearing on my laptop at 4:12pm, then say at 4:16pm get a notification in my phone with a 4:12pm tag on my e-mail (lol).

Did a little bit of research and it seems like ActiveSync is the only possible solution? Is this true and can anybody fill me in on the details related to it?

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Q10 e-mail delays

first and final bump

Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Q10 e-mail delays

One year bump Smiley Happy

so a few days after my post my e-mails started coming in instantly so I did not bother fixing something that was not broken

then a couple of weeks ago it started lagging again and I have been looking again.

Is ActiveSync still the best way to go?