Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Contributor
My Device: developer
My Carrier: vodafone

BlackBerry Z10 vs BlackBerry Q10: Which phone is the best choice?

Device

Z10

Q10

Display

4.2-inch, LCD, resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels, and 356 pixels per inch

3.1-inch, S-AMOLED, resolution of 720 x 720 pixels,

and 330 pixels per inch

Processor

Dual-Core 1.5GHz – Snapdragon S4 Plus

1.5 GHz dual-core QualcommMSM8960

Memory

2 GB of RAM

2 GB of RAM

Storage

16 GB internal; MicroSD card slot for expandable storage up to 64 GB

16 GB internal; MicroSD card slot for expandable storage up to 64 GB

Camera

8MP rear camera, 1080p HD video recording, and 2MP front-facing camera that records 720p HD

8MP rear camera, 1080p HD video recording, and 2MP front-facing camera that records 720p HD

Platform

BlackBerry 10 (10.1 update still rolling out)

BlackBerry 10.1

As you can see from the chart above, the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10 are almost identical when it comes to specs. wever, I found the Q10 offered a better quality screen that also provided more impressive viewing angles. This is due to the Z10’s lesser quality LCD Disply that only pumps out a resolution of 1280 x 768 pixels, while the Q10’s S-AMOLED 720p screen flourishes above.

In the end, I came to the conclusion that the handset that appeals to the larger majority of smartphone customers is the Z10. This device represents what people are accustomed to in the year 2013, while the Q10 appeals to a shrinking customer base that prefers a physical keypad over a virtual one.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Z10 vs BlackBerry Q10: Which phone is the best choice?

I own both of them and I love them both. I've been using touchscreen phones for years and thought I would love the "flick" typing of the Z10. Yes, I think it's impressive and innovative, but I found that if my fingers are either too moist or too dry, the flicking becomes a problem and actually slows me down. For that reason, I put the Q ahead of the Z but I know quality when I see it and both phones are quality phones.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Contributor

great if u own both..Smiley Happy
Contributor

milan/blade/z15 are cool choices Smiley Very Happy.hope you get them soon..

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Sweet photos! Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Super Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

The Q10 works for me. I have no desire for the Z10.

. . . . . Pete
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q Classic, Q10, 9900(*2 retired), 8900 (retired), PlayBook*2
My Carrier: EE UK for Q10/20

I think BB have migrated the Z10 software to the Q10, stuck a Keyboard on and hoped for the best!

I am slowly improving on the Q10, but only at 60% happy; if you have a 9900 don't change; it's still the best combination BB.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Q10 vs. Z10 is a highly personal choice. As you pointed out in the specs the basic internals are identical. It comes down to full touch screen vs. physical keyboard. For a traditionalist like me it's the Q10 FTW. But then I cut my teeth on BlackBerrys all the way back to the 7230 model. BlackBerry's outstanding physical keyboard is ingrained in my DNA by now. I've also used Android phones and an iPhone so I'm no stranger to the full touch screen, and I even got used to the on-screen keyboards with that form factor. But the Q10 for me has just enough of a screen that I don't miss the full size screen too much, and it's more than compensated for by the keyboard I love so much. 

The best choice is to have them both! But if you must pick one, best to go to a store and try them both out for as long as the sales reps will tolerate you.