Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Blackberry Q 10 2 way sync with outlook. I have my BB Q10 working well. I can sync from my PC to BB, but not the other way. Is there a way to do this. I they planning on fixing this limitation?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Blackberry Q 10 2 way sync with outlook. I have my BB Q10 working well. I can sync from my PC to BB, but not the other way. Is there a way to do this. I they planning on fixing this limitation?

I've heard from reliable sources that BB10.2 will address this issue.  No word on a release date though. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Priv, Passport, Z30

Re: Blackberry Q 10 2 way sync with outlook. I have my BB Q10 working well. I can sync from my PC to BB, but not the other way. Is there a way to do this. I they planning on fixing this limitation?

I find that the current sync via BlackBerry Link isn't really usable as there isn't a system to choose which version (device or Outlook) to use on a case by case conflict. You don't have to wait though for BlackBerry to update Link.

Just export your contacts and calendar and import them into Outlook.Com. (Create a hotmail account if you don't have one.). Then you add this account to Outlook and to your Q10 and your contacts and calendar will sync themselves without requiring BlackBerry Link to do anything. You would still use Link to backup, etc just not to sync your key data.

There's an excellent article at the top of the BB10 section here with step by step instructions.
Twitter: @sheldonbk