Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Blackberry Q10 Battery %

good luck. :-)
Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

bronze2013, it is quite normal for the battery to deplete quicker than normal the first 2-3 days after activation and setup due to the fact that your email, contacts, social accounts (facebook, twitter) and all are syncing data from the servers and that can take 24-48 hours to subside. So, after changing devices, and all newly setup again, you'll see much the same all over again. Same happens after upgrading an OS or loading a new OS to the device and beginning the account setups all over again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Carrier: sprint

Went to the shop today and got my bbq10 replaced. It's working like a charm. No battery issues at all. Just my luck I got 2BBQ10 and both were found to be defective. I guess 3rd time is a CHARM. #lovingMyQ10. Thanks Jeff and Sanders for all your input.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic

Well this is a shock. I disabled Bluetooth + NFC and I also downloaded an app called Battery Optimizer. I really don't know which one did the trick, but the battery life is vastly better now and comparable to my previous Bold 9900.

Before, my batter would go from 80% - 5% within a few short hours of minimal use. It still takes forever to charge using factory charger, but I guess there's nothing I can do about that.

I'd be somewhat surprised if Bluetooth and/or NFC caused such a huge strain on the battery?

Contributor
My Carrier: sprint

Gem I had done all d battery saving tips and it still was having battery issues with previous defected devices. The one I got today it took 1hr to fully charge. I did lots of browsing, emails, texting etc and when I checked my battery it was at 73%. I'd say that pretty good!
New Contributor
My Carrier: EE

I had turned off Bluetooth to see if that helped. I don't think it was that. It is back on now and battery still good.

I bought a 2a charger for the car and it charges pretty quick with that and I'm using my old blackberry charger to charge at home. (I'm not sure where the new one is) and that seems okay.
Highlighted

jeffpatrick50 wrote:
 I'm using my old blackberry charger to charge at home. (I'm not sure where the new one is) and that seems okay.

I would get a OEM charger made this device/battery at home, as well. The older BlackBerry device chargers are lower mAh and less output.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

I've deinstalled Blackberry Travel because I found that this was my "battery drainer". After unplug from the charger the BBTravel starts to work in background without any reson and use 10% of the power of the processor and than my CPU starts to generate 40% of use. After deinstalling it, everything goes to normal.

zbyro wrote:

I've deinstalled Blackberry Travel because I found that this was my "battery drainer". After unplug from the charger the BBTravel starts to work in background without any reson and use 10% of the power of the processor and than my CPU starts to generate 40% of use. After deinstalling it, everything goes to normal.

Good, but you could have also told BlackBerry Travel NOT to monitor all incoming emails. Kept the app, and then any travel email you can forward directly to Travel manually, which is what I do.

Knowledge Base Updates
Vu
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Viettel

Not sure if someone else had already figured this out. On the main screen, swipe up from the bottom and hold and you will see battery %.