Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry Q10 - Non Camera version

I want to know when they'll be releasing a non-camera version of Q10 in India. or is there a way were i can spend a few extra bucks and get a non-camera version of Q10 (fully unlocked) from blackberry itself. I am currently using an unlocked bold 9900 non-cam (unlocked from verizon). The BIS is working fine (after a lot of internal tweaking) but it sometimes gives a hard time in connecting to the email. 

Please advice!!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry
My Carrier: Mobile

Re: Blackberry Q10 - Non Camera version

There has been no announcement of a non-camera Q10 yet. If this is due to company policy then the only option available at the moment is through BES to disable the camera.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell

yes "disable" the camera. Smiley Wink  Maybe they want cost cutting, 

New Contributor
My Device: NON-CAMERA
My Carrier: ATT

Not an option as US governement rules are quite clear the cell phone needs to not have ever had a camera installed.

Disabled does not meet the never installed REQUIREMENT
New Contributor

Looking for a 4G phone that comes without a camera (NON-CAMERA, CAMERA-FREE, ETC...) US federal jobs, and a plethora of military areas require cell phones to be camera free or the phone is not allowed in the building.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

It is not individual customers who influence factory line decisions. Its carriers.

RIM has a head strong corporate culture. They would rather let employees go than listen to customers. Even low level management is deaf.

This is all the more important considering the procedure for considering new device versions is a request from the carrier. Bigger the carrirer, the better. You or your company preferrable could make requests in writing to carriers.
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Not just military and government offices, but even industrial sites. Those in Oil & Gas industry face restrictions to the types of mobile devices they can carry onboard - both offshore and onshore. Camera phones is often one of those restrictions. There is a very large market RIM could exploit.
New Contributor

"disable" is NOT an option; the manufacture needs to provide the phone without a camera or it is prohibited.

New Contributor

bummer, this mentality may lead to us going back to the dumb phone.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Or you could just go back to a BB7 model that comes without a camera and wait to see if BlackBerry produces a cameraless BB10 model.