Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Q10 Warranty

I purchased a two defective devices off ebay (Z10 with a vertical line down the screen and a Q10 with some defective keys) that are still under warranty with Rogers. I tried to have them replaced through Rogers but was told that they would not honour the warranty. Is there any way to have them repaired directly through Blackberry, the warranties are both valid. Thanks
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Q10 Warranty

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It is a careful understanding of how warranty actually works from a contractual. Warranty to you is provided by the seller to you of the devices, not by Rogers nor by BB. BB will support warranty services within the terms they provide, but only as first provided by the contractually required first level warranty provider (in your case, the seller to you of the device). This is how it works contractually. Warranty to the person who has the device is set at the time of purchase...if the seller to you did not provide you with any warranty at your time of purchase, then you do not have any warranty.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the information!

I wish BB had a streamlined support system in place like Apple- Always a fast and simple process getting it sent in for repairs with them. Impossible to even contact Blackberry other than 'tweeting" them and then not replying, no dedicated email to contact. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

And all of that is exactly in accordance with the contract to which everyone agrees (buyer, seller, manufacturer) at the time of purchase. The formal process is what it is...whether it is "good" or "bad" is a judgement to be made, preferably at the time of purchase as input to the purchase decision. Comparison to others is interesting, but irrelevant -- each business entity makes their own decisions based on their own criteria. As consumers, our role is to understand these things and make our decisions accordingly.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................