Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry Q10 problems since OS update

optimistic wrote:
So this restored you to the previous OS and not to one of the 10.2 ones?

I reloaded my device software this morning.... It presented a dialog box asking if I wanted to update to the newest software, and I said "yes."  However, if I said "no," presumably the factory-installed version would had loaded instead (although I don't know that for a fact).  Jury is still out on whether my phone is working any better since the reload.

Contributor

Thanks for the update. Did you do anything at all before doing that? I will probably try this evening.
New Contributor

optimistic wrote:
Thanks for the update. Did you do anything at all before doing that? I will probably try this evening.

I ran a backup, although I ended up reinstalling most everything manually.

Contributor

I ran a backup and reloaded the current software  The process took a fraction of the time as last time so I am very hopeful. I'm going to try to give it some time before I reload any additional apps to see how everything is going first.  Thanks.

New Contributor

So far my Q10 is working much better after the reload.  I am not seeing the constant freezing or general slowness that I was seeing before.  I am going to be on the road today w/o frequent ability to charge it, so I'll have a better sense of the battery life today as well.  But so far, so good.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

Did the reset to factory defaults via BB Link.  It loaded the newest version (10.2.1.2179) .  Seems better on the battery so far, although the rigors of today should tell.  Was up until 4:30am trying to restore everything else manually. System reading out at roughly 36% of battery use.

Calendar alarms/reminders are still a problem.  All my appointments are synced on the calendar, but everyone of them came over as if the there is NO NOTIFICATION, as indicated by the bell with the slash through it.

Manually turned on  reminders on each and every one of today'sappointment, so I don't miss anything, but what's the point of having a $600+ smartphone that isn't.  May have to jump ship to a dreaded iPhone.   I hate apple products, but **bleep** it, they work. 

Does anybody know how to get rid of the black bands on the home screen that are "tutorials/hints" to swiping. They will send me over the edge--MK

Contributor

I also reloaded my software last night through BB Link and so far I am very pleased.  I have not yet reloaded apps because I wanted to to see what happened and so far all is well.  I will reload on an as needed basis.  I love that my battery has not gotten hot now almost 11 hours!  AND I haven't had to recharge yet!

I did sync my calendar and contacts with Outlook, but I don't usually set reminders so everything synced great for me.  I'll think about your notification issue kwevil, although I am by no means an expert.  Have you gone to Settings > Notifications and made sure everything is ok there?

Please don't jump ship yet.  iPhones have their issues too.

I don't have black bands on my home screen.  I just "x"ed out of tutorials as soon as I went through the swiping directions.

Contributor

I hope all is still well with your reload. I'm thrilled so far with mine!
New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

I tried the obvious notification on/offs. Did a little surfing of the net, and tried everything I found out there called alarms, notifications, or reminders.  I'll see if the tutorial app has an opt out trigger.  I have a feeling this is going to be a week of warfare with the phone.--MK

Contributor

I know I had seen something about the black bands somewhere in a forum, but a quick glance here and in crackberry did not reveal it. Could be part of another of the many posts I read.

Side note to the notification topic -- I realized that I was not hearing my emails arrive and I checked my notifications again and everything looked on.  On a whim I checked the applications under notifications and sure enough, email sound was off.  Sometimes it's the little things ...