Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry q10
My Carrier: Aze

Call Log and other big failures of Q10

I dont know why, but Blackberry did everything to make us hate Call Log feature. First of all it became very short - just a month versus up to one year with Blackberry 9700. Second- calls from one contact are not grouped with showing last action from the contact. As a result you cant normally see call history with specific contact ,especially when a number is not in you phonebook. One also cannot see total number of contacts in the phone. Thirdly - you cannot see different lists for made calls and received calls. In texts messages not all messages from the same contact are grouped. They are divided by dates. This is not convenint for banking notifications etc. No russian translit, which is very important for people who have to write in Russian frequently. And one more. Sometimes you dont want full synchronisation with mailbox and prefer to to keep something in phone without having it in regular mailbox. In 9700 you had a choice , here this is not included. It is very unclear why having 16 gb memory Blackberry abandoned so many useful feautures which were available at older phones.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9370
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Call Log and other big failures of Q10

BB10 is still a work in progress. I feel like it was rushed out early and we're the beta testers. The call log is glitchy and needs some improvements, but hopefully a lot of these issues will be sorted out in the BB10.2 update. High hopes!!