Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 447974760699

Calls going straight to voice-mail

I am so utterly fed up with my Blackberry Q10. Since I've had it, it has had numerous faults. I am on the EE/Orange network and they have so far replaced the handset three times. Today, they have suggested to try a new sim card. I really don't want the handset any longer but being in a contract, unless I pay, I can't get out of it until March 2015. I've had several Blackberry's previously with no issues whatsoever but I can honestly say with the current experience I will never, ever have another one. Enough is enough. I have a business and am missing important calls as the handset doesn't ring. Of course the settings are that it should ring. I'm not that much of an **bleep**. It isn't only calls; the alert for email, Facebook, Twitter also dont happen but bizarilly, text messages do.

To me this seems to smack of Blackberry releasing the Q10 too early and not having tested it sufficiently. From what I can gather, this problem has been had by many users. I appreciate that the company is going through a tough time but if they put a product on to the market which isn't perfect then they only have themselves to blame.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Calls going straight to voice-mail

[ Edited ]

There are bound to be issues with phones from any manufacturer. You've had many BlackBerry phones in the past, each one having no issues. This time you've stumbled upon two or three lemons. 

Fact is, the Q10 is a fine phone. I've owned one and I know of many others who own one and we've had no such issues. No matter what your sentiments towards BlackBerry at the moment, please believe me when I say you're dealing with a couple of lemons; most Q10s work very well.

So, let's see if we can have a go at the issue you're facing. Let's start right out of the gate with a reboot. This is the best way to correct issues such as you're facing. I'd like you to press and hold your power button for about 15 seconds until you see BlackBerry on the screen. Other stuff will appear before that, let's ignore it and continue to hold the power button until good ol' BlackBerry appears.

Try that and see if it helps. If not, perhaps we can look at other solutions. Please keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 447974760699

Re: Calls going straight to voice-mail

Have re-booted countless times and that doesn’t permanently fix the problem. Being reasonably clued up IT wise, have tried all the usual tricks. Even stopped syncing in case that has been the reason for the problems. Whenever there has been a software release have of course uploaded so have the latest software on the mobile.

Apart from three replacement handsets, EE has also refreshed the line perhaps nine or ten times. This and re-booting works for a week or so and then the same problem reoccurs. So, as a last resort, they suggested a new SIM card.

Apologies for being sharp but am truly so incredibly frustrated with my Q10. Yesterday was the final straw when was trying to make an online bank payment which required verification by telephone. The bank tried three times to verify the payment and as they had no response, they automatically froze my bank account. Then had the hassle of calling them on a landline, going through security and getting the account up and running again. It is irritating enough that business calls are being missed but at least they go to voice-mail, so can pick up a message. But when urgently needed and cannot be contacted as the mobile simply doesn’t ring or even show any sign that there is an incoming call, this is when the situation becomes intolerable.

As said on my original posting, have had numerous issues with the Q10 since had it which is now about 15 months. EE yesterday offered to replace the handset again but chose their other option of trying a new SIM. If this doesn't work them will have no choice but to buy a new handset. As in contract with EE they will only do a like for like exchange. Because do not want to have another Blackberry, so will have to meet the cost of purchasing a new handset.