Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Can anyone help me regarding my Contacts on the Q10

Hi - As a complete non tekkie,I hope someone can help me sort out my contacts on the Q10 - since I got it over a week ago,its caused me lots of frustration ( some issues now sorted,)but not regarding contacts,Problems are as follows

1.Even when a person is already in my contacts list ,only their number is shown when they call - not the presons name - This does not happen with everyone however, as some peoples names do appear when they call - strange ??

2.For some reason,some people names in my contacts list are duplicated - in some cases 3 or 4 times - again I have no idea what has caused this

3.The contacts list syncs with my Office outlook system which keeps a copy of my contacts,but for some reason my Q10 also syncs with the contacts I have for Facebook and Linked in despite the fact that I have unchecked the box on the settings menu" Show account in contacts list" i.e I have set this to "Off" for both Linked in and FB

So basically the contact list on my Q10 is in a bit of a mess - can anyone help me sort this out ?

Thanks guys

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: waridtel pakistan

Re: Can anyone help me regarding my Contacts on the Q10

the duplication of contact was a result of sync with email and blackberry id the reason behind when you started a new q10 it always ask for blackberry id and then you entered blackbery id username and password it will restored blackberry contact from previous device in background and then you setup your email address with contact sync with server so result will duplication of contact in your blackberry  and i have the same issue but you can resolve this issue to download "contact x " software from app world and run this software it will merge your duplicate contact....