Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Can't Send or Receive Pictures via Text Message

Hello,

I purchased my blackberry Q10 yesterday and am having issues.   I can't send or receive pictures via text message.  Email and BBM are fine.  I have asked 5 separate people to send me a picture via text.  4 I received nothing at all and one I received a message saying I had to retrieve it and to hit "download now".  I clicked on it numerous times and it did nothing.  Any help would be appreciated!!  Thank you!

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Can't Send or Receive Pictures via Text Message

I am a very new user and pretty sure I can't help you at this point, but I think pictures in text messages are sent via the system known as MMS rather than SMS, so look around in your online support forums and the official BlackBerry online help pages for MMS versus SMS and how to message pictures...

New Contributor

Thank you for your suggestion.  I have already tried changing all the settings to MMS vs. SMS.  I have literally tried everything and still can't send or receive pictures. 

Regular Contributor

That is a shame, you must be feeling very frustrated.  If you are finding everything else is working, there just may be some problem with what you are doing, and so on...  do try calling your provider or visiting a provider store and see if they can help, although I have found that often those young kids don't know the details.

Perhaps you could try another one of the forum topics here, I don't have that main page open at the moment so can't suggest one, but I wonder if you flagged it EMERGENCY - VERY FRUSTRATED or something just before the title of your post, perhaps one of the experts would see it and respond quickly.  Good luck.  I was having trouble with something the other day but it was me, not the phone, when I finally found out about it...  it could be just the way you are using your touch or stroke or some other thing ...  don't give up. 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1336590793428.jsp

This may help -- it's the first thing that came up on a quick search of the topic at this useful official Help site.  Scroll down a bit...

The another page for this site is: 

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/mwa1340200324647.jsp

Main page for this site is: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/

Regular Contributor

Sorry, I sent you the Z10 sites and not the Q10 sites...

I hope someone here helps you --
Regular Contributor

Are you posting your query in the Q10 site? I am not sure why I noticed it... was it in the Z10 site by mistake?
New Contributor

I am posting in the proper forum.  This is the Q10.  Thanks for your suggestions.  I literally tried everything and was just on the phone with my provider, then blackberry and back to my provider for an hour and a half.  Everything they suggested I had tried.  Then they had me do a wipe which I was told shouldn't have wiped my media card clean and it did.  All my pictures are gone and I'm not happy about it.  Still did not fix my issue so I now have to return the phone for a new one.

Regular Contributor

Oh, I am so sorry that it seemed so difficult to deal with -- I didn't know you could call BlackBerry, do they have an online phone help service?  If so, let me know what it is [you can send me a private email on this forum] or just post it -- I may have a few questions!

Well, a new phone may be in order...   these things happen.  When you get your new phone, if you are at a phone store, make the sales rep walk you through sending a text with photo [I think you "attach" the photo]...

Let me, or us readers, know what happens!

Regular Contributor

Who told you re the wipe of the media card... ? If it was the carrier rep, they should be disciplined -- they, I have found, are not always reliable. Some are excellent. If it was BlackBerry -- you should get back to them asap -- and I would like to know how you call BlackBerry!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

I have the exact same problem with my Q10, did anyone find a solution yet?