Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Q10

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Can't Sync my Z or Q10 Calendar to my Home Outlook

Re: Cannot sync my Blackberry calendar to Outlook

I have had a blackberry of one soort or another for over ten years. All of my BBs have been network synchronised, as is my current ones. On my previous phones I could one way, from device to Outlook, sync my work calendar to my home Outlook so that my wife could see my schedule and know where I am. The contacts also synched easily.

With this new Q10 and Z10, the contacts still sync fine either one way from device or two way.

If I do a two way sync via USB on my Outlook to the device the outlook info shows on the Q10 calendar. (I only have one calendar that wirelessly syncs to my office network Outlook calendar). The Q10 data does NOT show on the home Outlook calendar after USB sync, but syncs wirelessly just fine on the work one. I have opened the home side, work side, made BBLink the default calendar etc. I have spent hours messing with this and still can't get it to wor. This is extremely frustrating. What is the fix please.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Can't Sync my Z or Q10 Calendar to my Home Outlook

Hey Dean2,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Please review the following article that covers Calendar entries not synchronizing to Microsoft Outlook from the BlackBerry 10 smartphone through BlackBerry Link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34535

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Well that really is a poor situation. The article clearly explains why the sync doesn't work but there is no way around the problem. Now I have to export my calnedar from my work laptop, as a PST, and import it to my home compute if I want my wife to be able to see where I am.

While this is doable it was a whole lot simpler when all I had to do was turn off syyncronization to contacts and calendar, cable my Blackberry to my home computer and sync it.

You guys really need to get this new 10 series working properly and bring back all the useful features that are no longer there. Even as a die hard Canadian booster and fan I am starting to consider looking at alternatives.

Contributor
My Device: BB Q10 OS 10.1.0.4189
My Carrier: Verizon

I feel your pain.  It just never occured to me as I waited for the last smartphone anywhere with a physical keyboard that so many useful features would be dropped in the new OS.  There are some really strong improvements 1n 10 but why oh why did they have to throw out so many very useful legacy features?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

Help please. I haven't been able to sync my Z10 contacts with my desktop lately. I use Outook on my desktop. It was working fine before by going through my gmail account. But for some reason, it stopped working and when I try to sync it goes through 'getting the status' process but when it starts to actually sync it stops after a second and says unsuccessful. 

Yesterday, I even downloaded the new BB OS but I have the same problem. I have tried it wirelessless (wifi) and it says that there is a network problem. The message I'm getting below is for USB sync attempt. Can someone help me with this please?

Sync was unsuccessful CPreferencesManager: Configuration Value for /Perferences/Account_3_196609/SyncAccountId_1 not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB